Another crazy couple of days! Saturday I had my barrel race. Badger did not turn like he should have, but he did run hard. Ryan reminded me that Badger and I don’t get to practice like we need to and he is still considered a ‘novice’ horse with this being his first year to compete in barrel racing. So, I’ll take Saturday’s run (1/2 – 1 second off of his normal time) in stride knowing it’s a learning process. I’m hoping to get some practice runs in this week and in the upcoming weeks.
After my run, I knew I needed to de-compress, so Ryan and I took the horses over to Rebecca’s so we could hang out and Becca and I could go for a ride together. It worked, I felt much better afterwards.
Sunday, the family went to church. It was really nice going to church as a family. We have really been missing that part in our lives and needed to re-connect with God and what his plan is for us. It’s always easier when you go down the paths God has planned for you.
Sunday afternoon we hung out around the house and that evening I debated between riding Romeo or cleaning the garage. I went with garage and planned to ride Romeo and Shiner this AM (Monday). So, I loaded them up and went to Sandy’s to ride. I pull up and I thought…”Is that what I think it is??? Is...that…no, it couldn’t be….mud???” Sure enough they had gotten 3 or more inches of rain. They live TWO MILES from us and we got no rain. I was very happy for them, but sad we hadn’t gotten crap for rain. That is just been our weekend. It rained all around us…literally…and we got maybe a ¼ of an inch…maybe…so I turned around and came back to the house.
After my run, I knew I needed to de-compress, so Ryan and I took the horses over to Rebecca’s so we could hang out and Becca and I could go for a ride together. It worked, I felt much better afterwards.
Sunday, the family went to church. It was really nice going to church as a family. We have really been missing that part in our lives and needed to re-connect with God and what his plan is for us. It’s always easier when you go down the paths God has planned for you.
Sunday afternoon we hung out around the house and that evening I debated between riding Romeo or cleaning the garage. I went with garage and planned to ride Romeo and Shiner this AM (Monday). So, I loaded them up and went to Sandy’s to ride. I pull up and I thought…”Is that what I think it is??? Is...that…no, it couldn’t be….mud???” Sure enough they had gotten 3 or more inches of rain. They live TWO MILES from us and we got no rain. I was very happy for them, but sad we hadn’t gotten crap for rain. That is just been our weekend. It rained all around us…literally…and we got maybe a ¼ of an inch…maybe…so I turned around and came back to the house.
I left the horses at the trailer since I had planned to try and get Romeo in to the vet. I did, so I loaded him back up and headed back to Needville. If you remember, we weren’t sure what his deal was since his testicles never dropped. So, took him to doc only to find out he couldn’t find anything…no testicles, no scar tissue (meaning he’d been gelded)…nothing…so now I have to do some blood work on him to find out if he has any testosterone. If he does, he’ll need to have surgery to remove the testicles (that don’t work) from his abdomen. If he doesn’t, then I believe we can just mark him as gelded. So, I’m sad to say my big, beautiful Romeo is not a stud. L I was hoping to breed him so that was sad news. On tope of that…I have to pay a lot more to get the testicles out because there is an increase chance of him getting cancer if we don’t.

After all that, I got started on the paperwork to get the truck loan for Ryan’s new truck. As you may remember, we had been debating for some time and trying to figure out what to do. We finally found a nice, used vehical and they were willing to give us a fair price for our Dodge as a trade in. So, we got the paperwork done and decided to drive to Gonzales (about 2 hrs away) to check out the truck, and, hopefully purchase it. We thought it was what we were looking for and appeared to be in good, mechanical, condition. So we followed through with the loan and got him a 2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. It is a 4 door, 4 wheel drive, long bed with a pretty maroon/charcoal two toned color. It even has a DVD player for the back seat. That might come in handy with Shelby once she is facing forward for the long trips we may take in the future.

Now, I’m sitting on the floor with the laptop and watching Shelby play in her entertainment center. She is even fussing at me to pull her out, so I guess I should go. She sure knows how to time stuff! HA!

After all that, I got started on the paperwork to get the truck loan for Ryan’s new truck. As you may remember, we had been debating for some time and trying to figure out what to do. We finally found a nice, used vehical and they were willing to give us a fair price for our Dodge as a trade in. So, we got the paperwork done and decided to drive to Gonzales (about 2 hrs away) to check out the truck, and, hopefully purchase it. We thought it was what we were looking for and appeared to be in good, mechanical, condition. So we followed through with the loan and got him a 2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. It is a 4 door, 4 wheel drive, long bed with a pretty maroon/charcoal two toned color. It even has a DVD player for the back seat. That might come in handy with Shelby once she is facing forward for the long trips we may take in the future.

Now, I’m sitting on the floor with the laptop and watching Shelby play in her entertainment center. She is even fussing at me to pull her out, so I guess I should go. She sure knows how to time stuff! HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment