Yesterday was a busy day for us. Eloy came over and helped us put in the fence post for our fence that will be parallel with the road we live on. We have been wanting to do that for some time because our road is very busy and we are always nervous the horses will end up on it somehow. This will also give us more pasture in the front. We decided to go with all wood posts because it will look nicer from the road. I'm learning in the Cowboy world it is very important that your fence line looks good from the road. In fact, Cowboys are much like farmers. They take GREAT pride in their work, including the straight lines they are able to create. Farmers like their straight lines for the fields and Cowboys like their straight fence lines. Being a teacher I can appreciate this knowing that it is a perfect example of Geometry and how it is used in the 'real world.' Anyhow, we worked on it for 5 hours and it was HOT. I had to take a few breaks to get out of the heat including climbing in Ryan's truck to turn on the A/C for a while. Yet, another uncontrollable change I'm going through. I'm usually cold nature...this baby is definately warming me up!
The pictures were taken while they were putting in the front posts and tamping them. Incase you don't know what that is...it's when you pound the dirt in the hole to make sure the posts are sturdy. So, the pictures are of a the halfway point. By the end of the day, we were able to get all the posts in and ready for the fence. We still have to put the wire support around the big corner posts as well as put the 4" x 6' posts in between the corner posts for support. Then, we can put up the net wire. Finally, we'll add the gates.We also finished our paint project. What a difference it makes! I can't wait to hang our decorations. I ordered some hangars called "Hercules". These are cool because they can go directly into the drywall and they hold up to 50 lbs. So, that allows is to hang our decorations where we want rather than working around the studs in the wall. So, now that the kitchen, living room, and hallway are painted I guess it is time for the baby's room .
We go Tuesday for our appointment in Houston. Since I have high blood pressure I'm considered high risk. So, I have to go to the specialist. Anyhow, they will do an ultra sound and we hope to find out what we are having! We went last week for an appointment and the dr. said the baby's heartbeat was around 140 which, according to the nurse at work, means it is a boy. So, we'll see.... Then we'll probably celebrate at Benehanas (sp?). This is an expensive Japenese restaurant that has $6-8 lunch specials. So, we are looking forward to that!!!
Ryan's parents, as you know, are supposed to come in this weekend. Well, their mare has yet to foal so we are not sure if they will be coming as planned. Stubborn mare! ... Ryan's dad said he's getting impatient waiting on her. Then he said if I go that far over due he might get frustrated with me too. Ha...he was kidding of course...but I told him I will be frustrated with him.
Oh, I took pictures of the tree that fell. We h
ave begun to widdle away a it but it will be a long drawn out project. Especially with so many others on our "To Do" list as well...but it will get done. We cut away at quite a bit of it last week. It has been too windy and dry to burn it til this morning. So, I was able to burn what brush we had. Now we can cut some more. Finally, we have begun saddling Bobalou. We are so excited! We saddled him last week and he never bucked or did anything stupid. Today, we saddled him w/o working him in the round pen first and did real well this time too. So, he and Mito are tied to trees right now learning patience. Yea! I cannot wait to throw a leg over him next year!
1 comment:
Stacie,
FYI, I straight pin can hold up to 5lbs. Mom taught me that!
:)
Post a Comment