Wow, what an experience this project we have in the house has been! After all the stress of choosing the flooring I thought choosing the paint would be easy. Ummm...ya...not so much! I have spent $40 and two trips to Lowe's (in addition to the 3 last week) on 3 quart size paint cans thinking I had bought the perfect paint. But, when I rolled it on the walls we realized it was not going to work.
I even dragged my church friends in on the ordeal. They helped me pick out the 3rd color, but it ended up being a little too pink/peach color for our liking. We are going for the Taupe/beige color with a background tone to it that will match our floor. Of course, it looked perfect on paper. It wasn't til I rolled it on that Ryan and I both agreed it is ok, but it is not going to work. I hate to describe it this way, but it looks like I've rolled the skin of a Caucasian person on the wall. I know, a little grotest...but that's the best way to describe it. It is pretty...just not for us.
Today, at work, I discovered (thru a couple of co-workers) that I can go to Sherman Williams (lucky me, I pass by it everyday!) and get a real small sample of paint for just a few dollars. So, I'm going to take the color (3rd color choice at this time) over there and have them help me pick out a few colors and then go from there. My goal is to have the painting done before Nancy and Dick come. They are expected to arrive June 14th. So, hopefully we will have settled on a paint color for the kitchen, living room, and hallway.
For those of you who are gasping at the thought of me painting...1st - paint does not have the strong odor it used to, 2 - I'll wear a mask (probably), and 3 - unless you are willing to fly down to help me I have no other choice. Just thought I'd throw that out there...since I have many friends here who are concerned about me painting. :)
I'll be sure to post progress pictures of our living room/hallway adventure as we work on the project. I probably won't write as much in the summer as I have dial up....oh, wait, I can use dial up and take naps while I'm waiting for files to open! HA...j/k...maybe someday Boling, TX will get DSL...oh well...better than living in the city!
Side Note - Rent House - We didn't sell it to the lady who had been out like a zillion times (ok 4 times but it feels like that many...)...However, we did have a couple come Sunday morning to look at it. They definitely want to rent it and they may want to buy it. So, there is some hope to selling the home! At least it is rented! I was starting to panic a little with insurance due in a few months and taxes at the end of the year.
Well, that is it for now...TTYL
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment