
Today was a busy and fun day as we prepared Shelby's room for her. I painted it while Ryan was at work then when he got home we moved her furniture back and hung up the decorations. I was so anxious to share with everyone. It's all coming together!!

We don't have a crib bedding yet, but I am bidding on one and hope to win it this weekend on ebay. We'll see, if not something else will come up. In the meantime I used blankets that were hand made by two very special people. The blankets on the crib were made by my Mom. She gave them to me before she passed away, which makes them very special to me. She made blankets for both of my sisters kids. Being the youngest and waiting so long to be married, I guess Mom thought it was best to give them to me. I still remember the day she gave them to me while I was visiting her in Michigan. She already had cancer and was going through all the treatments, but was still well enough to get about. I treasure that moment and I treasure these blankets. They will be kept for Shelby to enjoy when she gets older and can appreciate her Grandma's love for her before she was even thought of by me and perhaps share them with her children some day.

The purple blanket was made by her Aunt Michelle Boudrie. Ryan and I were pleasantly surprised by this beautiful blanket and I know se Shelby will cherish this special blanket too.
The rocking horse was made by her Great Grandpa Helmreich. He gave that to me years ago. He would make them for his great grandkids and I always told him how much I liked the rocking horses. So, he surprised me and made one just for me (and now Shelby). My Grandma Helmreich even got a bale of hay to send down with the horse so he wouldn't get hungry on the way down! :) hahaha...I still have that bale of hay Grandma. It makes me laugh everytime I see it and reminds me of how funny you are! I'm so lucky to have a touch of your humor in me. Oh, and the picture of the little girl and the grey horse is from Grandma and Granpa Boudrie.
Shelby is so lucky to have so many people in her life that love her as much as her aunts, uncles, grandparents and parents do! Even friends of ours who have become our extended family down here are anxious to meet her and are already offering to babysit her. We are all so blessed!

Yesterday I went to Galveston to visit a friend who was staying at her family's beach house. It was so nice and relaxing to get away for the day. There is nothing like the beach to take your cares away. We even got into the water and enjoyed the high waves. It was so much fun. Dad and I were just talking about how he liked Galveston. It is not the prettiest beach around, but it sure is nice to see it and enjoy it. So, Dad, these pictures are just for you!!
TTYL - Stacie
1 comment:
Very nice!!
Bet you can't wait to fill it!!!!
Post a Comment