Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's a Girl!...and Daddy is already cleaning his gun!

We had our doctor appointment yesterday at Houston's Memorial Southwest. What an experience. It is so different when you go to a specialized unit compared to the generic hospital experience. I'm learning how VERY lucky we are to live in Houston. We have such amazing facilities and doctors right in our backyard. It sure is reassuring!!
We had so much fun at our appointment. We first went over the basics of my health, how is the pregnancy going, etc. Then we got into my family history as well as my history with my blood pressure. My blood pressure was EXTREMELY low yesterday and so the dr. was concerned and told me to quit taking my meds for it. That, to me, is good news. I hope to stay off of it but we will monitor and see how it goes. I truly believe God wants me to stay off of it so I am going to believe that is his will. I hear lots of stories and negative experiences others have had and feel they need to share with me. I have to be sure it goes in one ear and out the other.
Anyhow, our little girl, Shelby Lynn, was so much fun to watch on the monitor. She was very active and full of character. I can't wait to meet her! I'm sure she will be as charming as her Dad and as good looking as her Mom...hahahaha...or is it the other way around??!! hmmmm...
At one point she was laying on her back with her legs over her head and she was scratching her forhead with her toes! It was priceless. The doctor thought that was too funny. She even took another picture and printed it out for us. So, we have 9 pictures of our little girl just from yesterday. We are so lucky! Everything looked perfect! They checked her size, weight, bone structure, etc and it all came out perfect. We couldn't be happier! We enjoyed the picture of her scratching her head with her toes so much we decided to put that one on our blog. You can't read what it says, but if you look where the red arrow is pointing you'll see her foot touching her forehead. Enjoy!
Oh, and Ryan and his friend, Brandon, (who just had a girl in January) have decided to start their own club. Hahaha...Dad's N Guns or something like that...hahahaha...I'm sure there will be plenty of daddy's that will be joining them.
We also got our flooring in yesterday. What an ordeal that has been. I'm glad it is sitting in our house waiting to be installed.
Ryan's parents are going to leave their house early Friday morning so we expect to see them sometime on Saturday. We are all anxiously awaiting the visit. Nancy is having a blast going through all of the clothes she bought and picking out all the girl clothes to bring down with her. She has been buying both for some time now. I'm sure Dick will be pleased that she will now be able to focus on one set of clothes...hahaha...
Well, time to get back to my To Do list. Enjoy the picture of our little 'monkey.'
SB

2 comments:

Monica said...

Wow! Congratulations :) It's so great to find out that it's a girl :) She looks so precious and cute and very flexible! Natural dancer or yoga master...lol...wonder where she gets that from? ;)

Love,
Monica

Anonymous said...

We finally have a girl after six boys!!! YEAH!!!

Congratulation you two!!!

Think Pink!!!!

Love ya,
Shelly