Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Vacation

Nancy and Dick left on Saturday and I believe I have been resting since. Man, putting in the new floor really wore me out. But, it is Monday night and I feel I am ready for the next project...the baby's room. It has been nice having this time to focus on the inside of our house and working at my own pace, which has slowed down A LOT now that I'm pregnant.

Today, I woke up around 5:00 AM for no particular reason. I tried to go back to bed with no luck so I got up and went into the living room around 5:30 to watch TV. The news was on and all the talked about was how nice it was outside and how it was going to get real hot. So, I ate breakfast and got dressed to go out about 6:30 am to tackle the lawn. They were right...73 degrees and cool...it was great! That was until our lawnmower broke...again. We have two riding lawn mowers, but they need some TLC so we try to hold them together to get the lawn done each week. Anyhow, that ended that project. So, I thought I would do Ryan a favor and go feed. I then came inside, paid bills and realized I was sleepy again. That was 8:15 AM. So, I crawled back in bed for another hour. It was great!

I was right...Ryan was very happy that I had fed the horses. One less thing for him to worry about. Luckily Ryan was able to fix the lawn mower and after two days of mowing I was able to finish our entire lawn...at least I'm good for something well I am pregnant. It's not riding horses, but it is better than sitting around and waiting for Shelby to arrive! HA!

To be honest, that was about as productive as I was for a couple of more hours til it was time for lunch and Ryan was on his way home from shoeing some horses. So, we made my Mom's famous egg rolls and I cleaned the kitchen. By then it was too hot to do anything...so Ryan and I hung out and watch a movie. My cat, Sady, decided to crawl up on me and it was over. A nap was in progress. It's amazing how sleepy and tired I get now.

Oh, that reminds me, speaking of having your body taken over for 10 months...the other day I was looking at my growing belly and noticed it was very crooked. Ha! Apparently Shelby was squished over to one side cause one side of my belly was way more round than the other. It is a little more normal now.

As for the rest of the week...I actually have something to do other than work on this house. :) Tomorrow afternoon/evening I'm meeting up with a friend who is getting married in December. She wanted to get us bridesmaids together so we could meet and socialize. So, we are going to dinner in downtown Houston. Then, Thursday, another friend invited some of us down to the beach. I just got a bathing suit so I am anxious to use it and to hang out by the beach! Oh, and Thursday evening some church friends are getting together for dinner. So, an eventful and fun week!

I'm also going to tackle the baby's room. I believe we'll just paint it the same color as the living room and hallway. We REALLY like the color and it will go with pretty much any decorations we choose to put in Shelby's room. That way we can put the changing table in her room and a dresser the Boudrie's brought down with them. Then, I can start putting all the clothes, etc in there as well instead of storing them in our shop in plastic baggies.

Well, I'm sure this is plenty long enough so I will end it on that note. Of course, pictures will be added as we complete Shelby's room as well as some updated pictures of the living room and hallway. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the decorations on the wall. That takes time and a lot of staring at the wall and thinking...

Until Next Time....

No comments: