Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Horses & Shelby

The last few days have been quiet at the Boudrie Household. We have been working horses in the afternoon and working during the day. I've been real pleased with Mito and Romeo's progress.

Mito is really starting to hunt that first barrel and he is improving on the 2nd and 3rd. I believe in another week he'll have those down real nice as well. We bought some barrels, so now I have some barrels in our pasture to do the slow work with him during the week. That will help him progress much more quickly. My goal is for him to be loping the pattern pretty nicely in the next 30 days. He lopes it now, but I want it smooth and fluid. That will help us sell him and that will also up his price.

Romeo is starting to learn how to walk on his own while someone is riding him. He doesn't care about much of anything. He just goes with the flow. I hope to ride him tonight or tomorrow. Ryan rode him for the first time yesterday and fell in love w/him all over again. We both decided to keep him a stud as long as he behaves himself. We hope to breed him in a year or two after we get him trained to see what kind of babies he'll throw.

Shelby is growing and learning everyday. She has learned how to sing and sings to Ryan on the way to the babysitters. It is too cute. He called me at work just so I could hear her. Here are a couple of pictures of her from this last week.
Getting ready for church. Ryan still wants his boy so he doesn't like it when I dress her up. Oh well, he's got two girls now and he's stuck with us. She even has her cowboy boots on. She has 4 pairs now! I didn't buy any of them either! They were all gifts.


Lifting her head up in bed. She's getting really strong and can hold her head up for a long time now. I'm sure she'll start rolling over real soon.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I see a lot of Ryan but I also see a lot of you too! Just wait till she starts crawling, look out!!!

Love,
Shelly