Thursday, January 1, 2009

Romeo & Stacie

I am so please to announce that I rode our red roan stud colt today. I was the VERY first one to ride him and I'm just tickled to have had that pleasure. Romeo and I have really built a relationship over the last year. Since I got pregnant all I could do was groom him, work him in the round pen, and build a relationship with him. It has paid off. He was a complete gentleman today. He never once fussed. He also licked his lips a lot which is a sign of acceptance and submission in the horse world. It also is a way to know they are processing the information being fed to them (me riding him). He never once gave us any signs he was going to buck or do anything inappropriate.

We will have to snub him up to Badger a few more times and then I’ll ride him in the round pen w/ Badger and Ryan a few more times. If all goes well, I’ll ride him by myself in the round pen and then eventually we’ll make it out to the pasture without being snubbed up to a horse. He is a very gentle horse but if he were to buck he could do some serious damage because he is so big. So, we want to make sure we aren’t going to have any issues w/him at all! After he is broke we’ll probably just ride him for a few months before teaching him anything. It is so hard w/Shelby being so small to ride let alone train a young horse. So, We’ll just take our time w/him.

Speaking of young horses…Mito is coming along nicely on the barrels. I need to get a video of him made and then put him on some horse web sites with the intent to sell him. We need to sell him and Cowgirl. It is time to downsize. We did get a call on Mito yesterday. We’ll see what happens.

I did create a new blog that I will use as a link for people to see the horses, information about hem as well as videos, etc. It is http://www.rockingrshorses.blogspot.com/.

Only 1 ½ more days until I make my first run of the year!!!

Here's to 2009 - because it will bring good finances, good renters, and good runs to the Boudrie's.

Oh - I almost forgot - Luckily Romeo and I didn't turn out like this! HAHA! This is a real picture. You can read the caption below the picture.

No comments: