Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan

Ryan is getting older...he is 28 today. Ha! That's how old I was when I met him. He, of course, was just a pup back then. I take much pride in that. I thought for sure I was going to have to marry a guy who was half bald and aging. Lucky for me...Ryan got the raw end of the deal. Today was fun. This morning we took Badger swimming. Then, we went to town to buy him 2 new tires. (That was his bday and Christmas gift from his parent....Thanks Mom and Dad!!!) But, he couldn't get them cause they had to be ordered. So, we then we went to lunch for his bday. Afterwards I went w/Shelby to do a few errands...and then we met him at home. (sorry for some reason my computer won't let me make new paragraphs)....anyhow...We then washed our paint horse, Twister (AKA Bean) cause he was a mud pile. I also worked Romeo. I even got on him today. We just sat there, but he did nothing. He is so ready for the next step...forward movement w/someone on his back. So, we're going to do that sometime this week. Ryan wants to snub him up to Badger and do it that way. No matter what...I doubt he'll do anything exciting...which is great! This Saturday is the big day...My first run of the season and it can't get here quick enough. We are so ready. A friend of mine got the Rosenberg arena on Wednesday so we're going to go there and work on the barrels. They changed the direction you enter the arena and I haven't run in that way yet. So, that is perfect since the 1st barrel race is there. Since we've been swimming Badger he seems to be getting much stronger and is getting pretty griddy around the barrels. Look out all you Novice horses...we've got plans to win that Novice saddle...and maybe more!!! :) We learn at church to claim what God wants for you...I'm claiming this saddle and a great barrel season right now! This blog is my witness come December! I claimed it early!

No comments: