Friday, December 19, 2008

Lost Keys

We are taking Shelby to see Mrs. And Mr. Santa Claus tomorrow. I’m excited about that. I was trying to find a santa clause close to home. I got lucky….we are having a parade in our town (Boling) and they will be at the fire station after the parade. So, yea!! If we couldn’t find anything my friend said her dad, our pastor, would dress up if we asked him. So, I told ryan that b4 I knew about the thing in boling…so after he found out about both he said he’d rather do it w/pastor cause we know him and the santa is a stranger….arg…he is sooooooooooooooooo protective. Anyhow…too bad…she can sit on santa’s lap. I’m not going to ask pastor to dress up when there is already one in town.

Last night was fun. I had a party with some friends that I had worked with at my first job in FBISD 10 yrs ago. There are about 10 of us that get together every Christmas at a friend’s house. It is so much fun. Well, I was getting my things together to take in her house and I decided last minute not to take my purse. So, I threw it in the back seat, locked the door to my truck and went inside. It wasn't until 2 ½ hrs later that I realized I didn’t have my keys when I was trying to leave. That’s when it dawned on me that I had put my keys in my purse which was now locked in my truck. Man that sucked! I thought I was going to have to pay $60 to have someone come out and unlock it. I would also have to wait over an hour for them to get there. I knew Ryan was not going to be happy with me since it was already after 7 pm and Shelby was up and cranky. Luckily one of the ladies, Laurie, offered me to take one of her vehicles home and I could pick my truck up the next day and drop her car off. She happens to live next door to the friend’s house we were at AND they live in the neighborhood I work in. So, I took her car home. I walked in the door to hear Shelby screaming, the vacuum sweeper running and Ryan completely stressed out. Poor Ryan and Shelby. He was on his last resort so I guess I got home just in time. I took her and he went outside to gather his frazzled self and probably drink a few beers. She settled down and I had us both sleeping (Shelby and me) on our bed by 8:30. That’s where we slept until I woke up at 10:30 and put her in her own bed. She slept til 3:30 AM.

Tonight I am having my friend’s watch her so I can go to a White Elephant party with some friends from my department and another technology department. It should be a lot of fun.

No comments: