Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

It was another joyous Christmas for the Boudrie's in Texas. We went to our friend's house on Christmas Eve as we do each year. We had a wonderful meal and did our traditional White Elephant Exchange. That is always a lot of fun. This year Ryan got a dremmel (sp?) and I got a really cool stanley tool box on wheels as well as some gifts inside. I think the tool box will work great to hold all my horse equipment such as bell boots, split boots, and headstalls. :)

After we opened gifts we jammed to some music. A couple of relatives of the Kettler's pulled out their guitars and played some good 'ol country music. The good stuff...George Jones, George Strait, Johnny Cash...It was a lot of fun. Shelby got tired so we left there to take her home. She went to sleep around 9 pm and slept til 4 AM. We fed her and she slept til 7:30. That was great for us. She is usually up at 6 AM.

Christmas morning we opened up all of our wonderful gifts from our families and hung out at the house til around 1 PM. We then loaded up the horses and went back to the Kettler's to enjoy a wonderful turkey dinner with all the fixings. After my belly settled down I went out and rode Badger and Mito. Badger did awesome on the barrels and is getting better and better each day. I can't wait to make that first run of the year on Jan. 3. I didn't get to work Mito like I wanted cause we had forgotten Shelby's pacifier and after several hours she had had enough. So, we packed up and went back home. The rest of the day we just hung out and let Shelby catch some ZZZZZzzzzsss....I decided to have coffee later in the evening. Big mistake cause it is now 3:05 AM and I can't sleep. Shelby woke me up around 1:30. So I went in and put her pacifier back in her mouth. She went right back to sleep and I have been up since. Too much on my mind to sleep.

So, I got up and paid bills, checked my facebook and now I'm on this thing.

I have plenty of fun pictures and videos I will add soon. I need DSL to do it so if I get an opportunity to get to a place w/wireless I'll add them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 2009 is going to be a great year for us!

1 comment:

Allen said...

Its not the coffee. Its the children. :-)