I'm so excited with how Romeo is coming along. Yesterday I ponied him while I rode Badger out in the back pasture to get them both some exercise. I even opened them up into a gallop. At first Romeo wasn't sure what to do w/the speed but then he learned to pick it up a pace and kept up with us just fine. It looked effortless!
Afterwards I got on Romeo in the round pen and taught him how to move forward w/o anyone helping us. It took a little while. He kept going to the middle of the round pen which is their 'safe spot' or 'resting spot'....but soon he would go forward and leave that area with my help. I was able to work him in both directions at a walk. He is starting to figure out what to do w/me on his back. Yes! I will work him at a walk for a while until I feel he really understands what I am asking of him and then we'll move on to the trot. I'm having so much fun with him. I can't wait until he learns all three gates in the round pen and we can work our way out to the pasture.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment