This weekend we went to New Caney for my barrel race. I did ok. I didn't push Badger past the 2nd barrel so we came to almost a complete stop so we wouldn't knock it down. That costs us about 1 1/2 seconds on our time. That is HUGE in barrels, so I was a little dissapointed. Badger has so much rate you have to push him all the way until the last 2nd or he'll stop and turn. I guess I quit pushing 1 stride too soon...and the result was getting way too close to the barrel. But, we kept them up and ran a 17.4. We left shortly after I ran cause the weather was cold and windy and we had Shelby. So, I have to wait to see if I placed anywhere. Hopefully I did and won some money. That would be good.
After the barrel race we stopped by Baskin's to pick up a couple of shirts for me to wear. I have to get our sponsor's to embroider their name on it.
On Sunday Shelby and I went to church. She was a little cranky on Sunday so once the music stopped and the sermon began she got cranky. I took her to the nursery where she SCREAMED until they came and got me. So, I then settled her down and fed her. I attemted to go back into the sanctuary but I wasn't there very long before she started fussing again. She was really tired and wouldn't go to sleep. So, I left early. I wasn't two minutes into the drive and she was sleeping. So, Ryan and I went and got groceries cause we knew she'd sleep the whole time. Sure enough she did...she woke up when we were checking out. She was all smiles and talked a lot. So, we called the grandparents so they could hear her talk.
The rest of the day we just hung out at the house.
Today, I'm feeling pretty achy and yucky. I am hoping to feel better as the day goes on as I don't have very many sick days left since I used most of them for my maternity leave. Hopefully it is just a cold, but I'm really achy so I guess we'll see. I did not sleep well at all and that doesn't help. But, I'm being positive and plan to stay busy. Hopefully this day will go by very quickly.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment