This has been an interesting week. Ryan's parents decided to come down to bring a horse to us. His Mom's beloved Shiner is not working out for her. He has more energy than she does so she has decided to bring him to us. We will see what we can do with him. We are hoping he'll work in our program, but if not we'll put some time on him and try to sell him for her. Ryan and I found Shiner a few years back for his Mom. She LOVES him. He is just has too much energy for her. Anyhow, Ryan and I really liked him too. He has a good mind and is a beautiful blue roan. We are anxious to get him and see how he does. I remember when I rode him before they got him that he was patterned on the barrels pretty well. So, we'll see how he does on the barrels. We also may see how he does with roping. We may have to work on him the box, so we'll just see I guess.
Speaking of Ryan's parents, I'm sad to report that their beloved dog, Cody has passed away. Cody was like Diesel...you can't replace a dog like that and the grief for a dog like them is like grieving for a person. I know it will be really hard for them to move forward. Please pray for them.
Yesterday, Ryan went to a ladies house to trim her horse's feet. Long story short, he had to have our vet, Dr. Stern, come out and do some work on his hoof. He had a nail in his hoof and so they had to doctor it. The lady has some major back issues and can no longer ride him. She had to get rid of him since she can't ride him so she offered to give him to us. So, we will add him to our 'tribe.' We hope that he may work for Ryan's Mom. So, we will tune him up over the next week or two and see if he might be safe for his Mom. If not, I'm not sure what we'll do with him. It will just depend on how he works out. So, that has really motivated me to start advertising the two horses we have for sale, Mito and Cowgirl. They have to go! It is the middle of February so people are going to start looking. Ugh...working full time, taking care of Shelby and riding all these horses leaves us NO TIME! I made Ryan promise he would be more comitted to riding. I'm sure he will.
Oh, we also got his wonderful truck fixed. That was a huge expense, but now we can haul the trailer with his truck too. Thanks to Ryan's parents for helping us with that! We don't know when we would've got it fixed if they hadn't helped us.
Finally, Ryan's parents are giving us their car. This will help with the cost of fuel for me driving back and forth to work. I have really had to pray about this because I LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck and I LOVE LOVE LOVE driving it. So, driving a car will be an adjustment, but Ryan says it gets like 30 MPG...so it will be good.
Funny how God works...at least i hope it is him because I really do want to do what HE wants...not what we want. His plans are so much grander than ours, we just have to be willing to give in to his will. I'm hoping all these events are because Ryan and I are trying to work together and help our businesses grow as well as our finances!
Finally, I have two barrel races this weekend. I'm going to go to the arena on Friday night to set up for the Rodeo Sweethearts barrel race. I'm going to take Badger and Mito to work them on the pattern. I am hoping that practice will help Badger and me work through our timing issues! We will get back to where we were a year ago! I also am anxious to run Mito to see what he's learned at home. Please God bring us a buyer! :)
Oh - one more thing...Feb. 28th I'm running in a HUGE barrel race that has a HUGE payout including a saddle and several thousand dollars for placing 1st in one of the 6 divisions. Then, you get a car key and whoever's car key starts the car will win the car. So, pray for Badger and me. I know we can do it and I'm pressing forward and believing it will happen. Will you do that with me? Have a blessed day! :)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment