I just got an email yesterday about ponies going up for adoption. A man out of Missouri is terminally ill and is selling all of his ponies for $100. A lady out of TX Is going to go and get them in March. She is asking us to pay costs for bringing them here as well as for coggins and health certificates. So, we'll probably pay around $150 for a pony. Ponies are really expensive, like $1000 or more...so this is a pretty good deal. Granted the pony is probably not trained at all, but for this price we could do the training and by the time Shelby is old enough we hope for the pony to be ready for her. Since the pony is so cheap we are willing to gamble and see how it goes. If the pony won't work out then we'll just sell him/her. Of course Ryan is too big to ride the pony so that leaves it up to me. Hahaha...should be interesting! There are 3 roans and the rest are white ponies. Ryan and I are hoping for a roan. :) Maybe we'll get a red roan and Shelby and I will have matching horses. hahaha....
Changing the subject...I got sick AGAIN...ugh...the kids at my school are dropping like flies! Some classes have 10+ kids out! That's half the class. There are so many sick kids in 3rd grade they have decided to postpone the DAC Test. That is the test they take to prepare for the state test next month. I was sick to my stomach all day yesterday and finally threw up at the end of the day. I had to give a training yesterday. So, I sucked it up and did that. The teachers were very understanding...lol...but asked that I keep my distance. I dont' blame them! Anyhow...after that I left around 4;30...get headed for home and there is a train on the train tracks (stopped...not moving) and a line of cars about 1/2 mile long. So, I had to back track all the way back to work and go around the long way. I finally made it home around 5:30. I pulled in my driveway and opened the door just in time to throw up again. What fun! So, I went into the house and laid down. I got up every now and then for a few minutes until Ryan would yell at me to go back to bed. Man, I just wanted to spend some time with Shelby, but I just felt terrible! Anyhow, I pretty much slept from 5:30 til 5:30 this morning. I had this TERRIBLE headache, but it finally went away around midnight. That's when I started to feel better. I'm still not 100% but I sure do feel better than I did yesterday!
On Feb. 28th I have a big barrel race to go to in Conroe. I'm so excited! They are giving away saddles, LOTS Of money and a convertable! I keep sending emails out to my friends and telling them I"m going to win my saddle then win the car. Church always talks about speaking what you want. So, I'm speaking it! Of course this is putting quite a bit of pressure on Badger and me, but that is ok. :) We thrive on pressure! Can you imagine me and Ryan driving around in a little convertable. How funny would that be???
To give you a little background...This barrel race will have around 2,000 barrel racers. There are 6 divisions that you could possibly place in. It all depends on how fast you run. The fastest horse of the weekend wins a ton of money...probably $3-4,000....then the people who place in the other divisions win a saddle plus like $2,000. So, My goal is to win a saddle plus the cash. Then, those 6 people that win in each of the divisions gets a car key. If their car key they chose starts the car they win the car. That's an easy way to explain how this works w/o going into huge details.
Well, I guess I should get back to what I should be doing. I hope to take pictures of Shelby's cute little painted toes tonight! I was too sick to do it last night.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stacie,
Is a roan the color of Chico? That would be so cute!! So far Shelby is outbetting you in riding!!! LOL!!
Shelly
Post a Comment