Well, we got on Rock Star last night. He's the horse someone gave to us last week. He is not goign to work at all. I worked him on flexing and worked him a little in the round pen to see what he could do. It seemed ok from the ground, so i climbed up on to what feels like Mt. Everest (he's VERY tall) and sat there for a moment. As soon as I put a little pressure on him w/my legs and kissed his ears went straight back! At one point his left back leg kicked out. I did get him moving and he responded well to positive reinforcement but this horse has had a bad life and needs someone w/time to get it that bad life out of him. We don't have that time. So, we are going to call a couple of people and if they don't want him he'll go to sale. He is a good looking horse for being a grade and it makes me sad he's got these problelms, but we don't have time for problems. We got our hands full with all these other horses.
We had hoped he would work fro Ryan's mom, so that was a bummer to realize he wouldn't.
Speaking of, they are going to get her sometime late Sunday. It will be good to see them and I know they can't wait to get their hands on Shelby. I am looking forward to the extra hands as well. I hope to get Romeo going in the pasture. I know he'll do fine but want another horse there just to be sure. The Boudrie parent's visiting will allow Ryan and me to do that. Yea!
Other than the big barrel race this weekend I don't have much more to report. So, the next time I report I will be reporting about my winnings. :) :)
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment