This weekend was pretty good. On Saturday I went to my barrel race. I left before it was over so I don't know if I placed. We have spent a lot of time and money on Badger this week trying to get him feeling better. He is extremely sore in the back and hocks. It has paid off. He ran a lot better than he has been which means he is not hurting as much. We didn't make a very graceful run but I knew he was feeling better. A lot of times when a horse has been sore for a while when they make that first run back the expect it to hurt and so they brace themselves. THey get better the more they run with no pain so we expect him to continue to improve. It is just sooooo hard when I can't practice during the week. Our main problem is me. I'm still working on timing and keeping up with him. I'm working really hard to stay positive and know that each barrel race gets us closer to where we were a year ago. I also don't get to practice at all so that has not helped us either.
Sunday was awesome too. Church was really good. Shelby finally went to the nursery the whole time except for maybe the last 10 min. She had enough of the 'strangers' and wanted Mommy and Daddy. So, I brought her back in. It was good cause then we went up to the front of the church and some good friends of ours prayed with us. I know this year is going to be great if we stay on path and do what God wants us to do and not what we want to do. I think that means the most change for me. So, I'm going to have to pray a lot about that and know everything is temporary.
We worked with Romeo a little bit yesterday. The ground was wet so we kept it pretty simple. I wanted to ride Mito too, but i was tired and the ground was wet so I thought it would be better to wait.
Oh, that's the best part of our weekend...it RAINED! Man we REALLY needed the rain! It would be awesome for everything to start turning green. It's a tad early, but by March everything starts getting green down here. Ugh...sure hope our lawn mower works!
Oh, I also forgot about our eventful evening. Last night we were feeding and we kept hearing dogs in the back part of our pasture area. Really it was our neighbors...anyhow, Ryan starts to walk over to see what's going on. I told him I seen horses...which means there are probably cows out. Next thing I know about 10-15 head of cows break through our fence and they are in our back pasture with dogs baying them. So, I go (with Shelby in my arms) running to the gate that separates our back pasture from the front pasture trying to get there before our horses decide to run out there and cause a ruckus. THey are all bred with a lot of 'cow' in them so they have this natural desire to go to the cows. Well, I'm not but 75 ft from the gate when they all decide to run out. Luckily they stayed up towards the front part and one of the guys on the horses was able to push them back up to the front pasture so I was able to shut the gate to keep our horses up there.
They tried to get the cows to go through the opening between our pasture and Mr. Brode's but that didn't go so well. So, the cows plowed through that side of our fence too. The good news is they got them back to the right pasture which is the pasture next to Mr. Brode's.
So, that was exciting way to end our weekend. What a way to meet our neighbors...hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment