We have been very busy this spring break around the house. Dad came down for a 10 day visit and we've worked all week to get things done. Dad fixed our generator and put new brakes on my truck as well as rotors on the back. It feels so much better now. He's still working on the lawn mower and hopes to fix it before he leaves on Wednesday. We hope the fuel pump is the problem. The part should be in Monday or Tuesday.
Ryan and Dad have also worked hard cutting down trees and burning brush. The burning brush is also for fun. We had an old cement water tank that works great as a fire pit. It is round and about 2 feet tall. So, they have enjoyed a fire every night. I have been staying inside while Shelby sleeps. Tonight I decided to join them, but after a while (and checking on Shelby several times w/the monitor) I decided to go in. I'm glad I did cause as I walked up to the house I turned the monitor on to hear Shelby crying. Ugh...what a terrible feeling as a Mom. I don't think she was crying for long (thank goodness), but I still felt terrible. I began to run into the house and rushed to her room to find her with a blanket over her head and she was holding it down. Poor thing...She is still trying to go to sleep. She starts to fall asleep then wakes up and cries again. I guess she was just as traumatized as me. I hope she sleeps ok tonight. Last night she woke up 3 different times. I had to get up each time and give the pacifier to her. So I didn't sleep well.
Tomorrow I have church and then off to a barrel race. I had a great practice and got a new saddle that fits me really well. So, I'm anxious for tomorrow. Badger is getting smoother and working harder around those barrels.
Well it's late and I hope to go to bed. Hopefully SHelby won't wake up anymore. I also think Dad and Ryan are coming in for the night as well.
I'll add pictures of Shelby and the work we have done as well as my new (used) saddle sometime next week.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment