Monday, March 9, 2009

Saturday's Run

Here's a video of Saturday's run. The ground was a little slick and Badger struggled to keep his footing. He went to fly around the 1st, lost his footing and then safety'd (sp?) up the rest of the run. That's ok, I'd rather him do that then get hurt.

WoW- I just went back to see how I did the last time I ran in that arena. I ran a 17.4 in January and I ran a 15.8 this time. Big Improvement!!!

Ryan worked Shiner yesterday. He did a nice job. I think he had a little 'trailer lag' when he rode Shiner last week. He had more energy yesterday, but still behaved. Ryan is doing some slow work with him for a few rides then he'll step it up a notch. He rode Shiner maybe 15 min. yesterday and he was covered with sweat. I guess he's adjusting to the warmer (83 yesterday) temps.

Romeo did AWESOME too. Second time outside of the round pen and he didn't care. Sandy's donkey didn't even bother him. He was more curious than anything. So, I am so anxious to get some more time on him then take him out trail riding.

Shelby did very well this weekend too. She is such a trooper. She went with us to New Caney on Saturday for the barrel race. Sandy rode with us so Sandy kept Shelby occupied...or was it the other way around!?! ha Then, Sundy, we spent the afternoon at Sandy's riding and Shelby had so much fun being outside and just relaxing. I can't believe she is 5 months old. I really need to take some more pictures of her. I have been so busy with the horses and tryiing to get them rode and sold.

Oh, I also put my barrel saddle up for sale that i won in 2005. It doesn't fit our w- i - d - e horses so I decided to try and sell it. I put it on Craig's list and got two people interested already. So, I need to take pics of it tonight to share with them. Hopefully they'll still be interested! I am going to save that money and put it towards another barrel saddle. I definately need another one! My saddle is almost 10 yrs old and it is getting tired. I also think it might be slightly snug on Badger...so it'd be good to get a saddle that fits him well.

Well, that's it...off to finish my lunch before getting back to work. It's been a VERY busy day already!

No comments: