Man, I need to be worked on. I have this terrible headache and I can feel my neck and shoulders are tight and sore. I'm no longer a spring chicken I guess! HA! We're also investing all of our money into our horses, which leaves me w/o a massage that I really need. So, I just take drugs and try to rub my neck hoping to relieve the headache. Oh, the joys of owning horses! That's ok, as long as Badger runs hard and wins then I can live threw the pain! HA!
This week has been very busy. With work, horses to ride, fence to build, Shelby to tend to and the in-laws in town. Needless to say I am tired.
Ryan did an AWESOME job on completing our fence this week. (I'll take pics and post in the near future.) Mito and Cowgirl enjoy all the fresh grass. This morning I went out and saw what I thought was two piles of baling string. I went back and looked again because I knew there shouldn't have been baling string where I saw it. Anyhow, at second glance I realized it was Mito and Cowgirl sleeping. (It was from quite a distance...) Both of them were laying on the ground sound asleep. Too cute!
Last night we took the horses down to the Maresh's to work on the pattern and ride. I worked Badger on the barrels and got some kinks worked out. I wanted him listening to me more. It took one correction and he was ready to do it right...my way...and when I wanted. I like that in a horse. I want them to listen to me. While I was riding Badger, Ryan rode Shiner (his Mom's horse). He did AWESOME! He was calm, cool, and collected. His Mom said if he behaved like that in New Mexico she would take him back w/her. Ryan was really excited and anxious to get him to the point of teaching him how to rope. He wants to get some basics accomplished before he puts him on cattle, but he doesn't think it will take too long.
That reminds me, I was blown away by his papers. For those of you that know barrel and race horses you'll appreciate this... Duel Fuel is his dad, Beduino is his grandfather, and Easy Jet (one of my favorites) is his Great Grandfather! WOW is all I can say. He was raced on the track, but did not have much luck.
I also got to ride Romeo for the first time outside of the round pen. He did awesome! He has a bit of an attitude, but, like Dick said, I believe it fits in our family. Hahaha! He worked great for a horse that doesn't know much. I even walked him around the barrels. It looked like he was already hunting them. Ok, so it was at a walk...really a 'drunk' walk...but it doesn't matter. He noticed they were there and his ears were up and looking for them.
Today I plan to just go home and spend time with Shelby. I feel like I have not seen her this week. I miss her so much, but Grandma and Grandpa Boudrie are doing a great job spoiling her and keeping her company while we are at work.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment