Sunday, November 22, 2009

Barrel Racing

Well all I can say is a bad day of barrel racing is better than a good day of work.

Badger is retired. He isnot running to his potential which means he is hurting again. :-(. I had one race left for NBHA and he's not hitting the 2D so there is no point to make him run. I am sure it is his hocks again and we don't have the extra money to get them injected so we'll leave him alone until we can get that done.

Shiner did great in his exhibitions but something spooked him when running in the open. He dodged to the left as we were running to the first barrel. I managed to get him corrected but we lost too much time. The other two barrels were decent. Overall no complaints. He trusted me over his instincts. That's big to me since I am dealing with an animal that has the instincts to run from danger.

I am happy to say Shiner is hunting the barrels and I think I'll just run him now w/o any exhibitions next time. It will be interesting to see what comes of him in 2010.

Shelby was being as cute as a button this morning. Her's a pic of her this morning.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: