Halloween was fun, but Shelby pooped out way too early so we only go to go to a couple of houses.
Oh well....at least we got some pictures of her. :) Click Here to see more pictures.
We had a busy day as we went riding at the George Ranch first. SHelby didn't get an afternoon nap, which proved to be the missing link. We also got a late start trick or treating with all our friends and their kids. We didn't leave Jesse and Rebecca's until 7:30. Shelby is ready for bed by 8 pm. I was hoping she'd make it for a little while, but we put her in her car seat and that was about the end of it. Ryan pulled her out and went to a couple of houses but then she got really winey and tired so we put her in her jammies and took her home.
has been one busy school year and fall. Shelby is growing and requires a lot more one on one time when she plays. She is still crawling and exploring the world at her level. Because of this, so have I. You think you have a fairly clean house and then you start crawling around and seeing all those hidden hair balls and dust underneath the furniture! So I find myself sweeping a lot more.
Shelby is getting better about not sticking everything in her mouth. She is slowly becoming more selective but still loves to eat the dirt that Daddy’s boots have left behind. She once put a quarter in her mouth and luckily didn’t like it so took it back out! A favorite of hers (other than the dirt) is eating the little rubber bands that I use to put her in hair. I’m not sure why she likes them or how she finds them but she manages to do both.
Barrel racing has come to a slow the last few weeks. The break has been nice. You can grow tired and weary of the sport you love so much. I guess that’s why there are seasons for sports as well. I have found the few weeks off has been great, but I’m REALLY looking forward to my run next Sunday. It’s the last of the season. I’m in 1st place in the Novice. I’m ahead by 3 points. I’m also 3rd in the Open 2D and one point behind the 2nd place person. So, my plan is to make a smooth, clean run with the hopes of placing in the 2D to move me up to the 2nd place spot to win the buckle and to place 3rd or higher in the Novice to keep me in 1st place and win the saddle. I’ve been doing a lot of prayer and working on my faith. I look forward to reporting good news next week!
Ryan is doing well. His business has slowed a bit from the rain so he is going to interview with the George Ranch tomorrow to see if he can pick up some extra hours demonstrating the cowboy life to guests that come to the ranch. The extra money during the wet, winter months will help. So we sure hope he gets the job.
My job is going very well this year. I’m having a lot of fun with all the exciting projects the teachers are doing with their kids. It’s a lot of fun but leaves no down time for me. I’m thankful to have my iPhone so I can check my work email at home in the evenings after Shelby goes to bed.
Oh, us ITS also received laptops to replace our desktop. Being between two schools is difficult and having the laptop will be wonderful. They are going to give us VPN so we can access are work files from home. I won’t be able to use that as we only dial up, but it’s good to know I can go to my friend’s house and use her wireless if I really need something off of my network drive. I also got a 500 GB external hard drive. So I can put everything I need on there and bring it home each night if I need to. I guess work has been good to me this year. What a blessing to have these items to use. I know a lot of schools don’t have these luxuries!
I still plan to apply to LCISD (a district closer to home) as the jobs come up. It will be hard to get in, but I feel confident it will happen when the time is right. I’m in no hurry with the recession and downsizing as I feel secure in FBISD since I’ve been here for 11 years. But, if the position opens and I’m invited to join their team I’ll take it. I know that it will be the right choice as I have and will continue to pray for the right job for me to get closer to home without losing the pay we depend on as a family.
Our horses are doing great! I have been riding our 2 YO, Cowgirl, a few times a month and got to ride her this weekend at the George Ranch. She did really well. She was more nervous than normal and a little skiddish too, but she settled down once I started working her. I even worked her on the barrels a little while. She is going to have one REALLY nice turn as she learns more about it and what I’m asking of her. I would’ve loved to have her before Shelby and when I had a lot more time. But, this might be good since I can’t’ ride her that much. It will give her time to grow and her bones to do what they need to do so they can be strong and withstand the tough world of barrel racing.
Ryan is beginning to ride Rome (3 YO). I think the two of them are going to get along really well. I had hopes for him and me, but I think he and Ryan are a better fit. I enjoyed riding him and breaking him and now I look forward to him learning how to handle the cattle and how to rope.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful animals on our little ‘ranch’.
The other horses are doing great and are getting some trail riding time. I need to work Badger this week a few times. It’s going to be tough with the time change and it getting dark so early! It was dark at 6:30 last night. YUUUCCCKKKK….I hate that!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment