Ryan got the job at the George Ranch. (http://www.georgeranch.org/). He starts today as a part time employees. He will be doing demonstrations of working cattle for guests and school age kids. He'll even get to demonstrate for one of my schools 3rd grade classes in December. I can't remember all what he'll be doing, but he'll show how the ranchers push the cattle through a vat (to put a spray on the cattle to keep the insects, etc off of them), roping cattle to brand them as well as some other demonstrations. He'll be able to take his own horses so our young horses will be getting a good work out with the cattle. He is so lucky....to paid to ride horses and teach kids!!! I so envy him!
I rode Cowgirl (2YO) last night. WOW is all I can say about her! She did AWESOME! This was my 9th time (we had to count last night) riding her and she is already learning how to work on the barrel pattern at a walk and walked thorugh the Rodeo Sweethearts pattern with the girls. I was so impressed! I don't have the best handle, but I have a bad a$$ 'Whoa' on her. So, we're good! LOL I worked on teaching her to set at each barrel last night and she started to catch on. As I shifted my weight into my saddle she started to slow down and stop on her hind end. She also has a KILLER turn around the barrel. She is definately something special and I'm so blessed to get to train her. I will piddle with her this next year so she can mature and get her legs right with the growth plates, etc and then I plan to start running her as a 4 YO in 2011. I CANNOT WAIT! Shelby will be older by then as well so we are going to have a lot of fun that year! SHelby and her pony / Cowgirl and me!
This weekend is the big weekend! Sunday is my last GCBRA race. I worked Badger last night in the arena at a trot cause the ground was TERRBILE. He did great as well. He's feeling really good and anxious to get in there and kick some butt. So.....off to win a saddle we go!
My iPhone is busted at the time. It doesn't even work. I try to sync it with my computer and now it's not working at all. I will take it to the Apple store Friday afternoon so hopefully they will be able to fix it. If not, I'll have to figure out a plan B in regards to having a phone as I can't afford to buy one without getting a plan with it. THey are like $500 or $600 w/o a plan. OUCH. I am praying it will work as I LOVE my phone and being able to access everything with it.
Tomorrow I'm using my leave early pass for work so I can go get Shelby and then run to get my iPhone fixed and then dinner with friends. I'm looking forward to that. I hope Shelby does to so we can both enjoy ourselves.
Let's hope for good barrel racing reporting on Monday!!!! Send me your good luck wishes and prayers! We gotta keep our head in the game and just make another run....no big deal....right??? :)
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment