Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

It is hard to believe my summer is half over already. Wow, where does the time go? I'm also 26 weeks today. Again, where does the time go? I thought these 9 months would go by slowly since I'm not riding, but they really haven't. Shelby grows more and more and Ryan and I get more and more excited for her to arrive. Yesterday we registered at Target. We had already registered at Babies R Us so compared to that place Target was a easy. They don't have near the selection, but they have all the staples. While we were there we found two really cute Onsies we had to have. One says "Daddy's Girl" and the other one says something like "Treat me like the Queen I am" or something cute like that. So we had to buy them. Since I have 6 nephews I haven't really looked much at the girl's clothes. Now, I'm not a girly girl as you know but man do they have some REALLY cute girlie girl things for babies! Ryan gave me a hard time yesterday about how she was going to be with him and she can't wear all those dresses, etc. I told him they can get dirty, it doesn't matter. :)

We had plans to go to Sergeant this weekend for one night to hang with some friends by the beach but other plans arised so we are going to stay around here. Ryan had to work today, Eloy is supposed to come tomorrow to help us finish our fence in the front yard and Ryan has to work cows on Sunday.

We got the small lawn mower fixed so I worked on the lawn this morning. Part of it was too wet yet so I have to wait til this evening to finish it. It grows so fast it is hard for that little 1989 Murray to cut through the high grass when it is wet.

We also worked the horses last night. Bobalou is coming along so nicely. We saddled and bitted (sp?) him up last night. Ryan worked him to get the edge off then i worked on the slow ground work. I worked on flexing his neck to the side so he'll turn easily when Ryan gets on him. I also worked on using the bit to back him up from the ground. Finally, I worked on using the workng stick to cue him to go forward so he gets used to our legs being in that area. He was a champ. I was going to work with him using Ryan's team rope so he could adjust to that as well but he did so well I decided to let that go until another day. I'll probably work him 2-3 more times and then Ryan will begin putting weight in the saddle so he gets used to that. We hope to have him ready for Ryan to work cattle this fall. Then, barrels this winter when I can ride again! YAHOO!

I also worked Mito. Ryan wants to start working him on break away since we want to sell him as an all around. So, I introduced Ryan's rope to him. He was nervous, but trusted me and settled down once he realized the rope didn't have any teeth. :) I'm hoping a few more days of that and Ryan will be able to get on him and get him adjusted to the rope sounds, etc from atop.

Ryan also worked Cayce, his outside horse (he is not ours...we have him in for training). He did GREAT. Ryan loped him yesterday and Cayce did great. He looked very relaxed. So, the next step is to take him out of the round pen and into the pasture....then off to the arena to track cattle, etc.

It is a great feeling to see such success in your horses! We are so blessed!

Well, that is it for now. I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July! God Bless America and all our wonderful troops who protect us here and abroad.

No comments: