I watched an inspiring woman this morning talk about her life with cancer. She is my age and she has cancer throughout her liver as well as other organs. I believe 3 in all. Having cancer in your family changes you and anytime you find something inspiring you want to cling to it. Anyhow, I loved this woman's energy and zest for life.
I watched my Mom struggle with cancer and then my mother-in-law, Nancy struggle with cancer and the side effects of it and it hurts me. She is so full of life and the desire to live but at peace with who she is and where she is. Anyhow, I plan to share this blog with her and thought it was too good not to share with all of you. I hope you enjoy it. I have added it to my favorite web pages so you can find it easily. I hope you enjoy it! http://crazysexycancer.blogspot.com/
I also watched Operah (I know, I need to get out more...) about foods. I know the foods you eat really make a difference in your life and how you feel. However, I don't like cooking. So, We don't eat as well as we could. I do my vegetables and fruits throughout the day, but our meals are not always that solid when it comes to nutritional value. Also, Ryan is much like a kid when it comes to eating his fruits and veggies.
Anyhow, Jessica Seinfeld has a book called Deceptively Delicious. She gives you recipes that include pureed veggies that are put into everyday foods such as brownies, chicken nuggets, deviled eggs, etc. I plan to check this book out as well and thought I would share it with you as well incase you haven't heard about it. What a great way to insure you and your family are getting the vegetables they need to stay healthy and strong! HEre is the web page if you want to check it out... http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/site/
Have a great weekend!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! I have the cookbook and cook from it all the time. The easiest way to get the veggies is to use babyfood (thanks to our pediatrician--i was complaining that i had to steam all that stuff. she's got it and is really particular with what she feeds her family) I just wanted to let you know I love the cookbook!
Post a Comment