(NOTE: This was written yesterday. )
Today I am sitting at the hospital to have a 3 hour test done to check my glucose levels. I did the 1 hr a couple of weeks ago and my numbers were slightly elevated. So, I get the pleasure of sitting here and getting my blood drawn every hour for three hours. So far it is not going all that well. The nurse that was supposed to have my paperwork done didn’t have it done and she was running late for work. So I had to wait on her. Now, I’m sitting in the office where my blood will be drawn and just waiting. I’m praying that I will not lose it from annoyance of having to sit here 3 hours and not eating or drinking anything til Noon.
(Note: Got my blood drawn (1 down 2 to go) and now I’m going to visit my friends who work in the hospital.)
I just got back from visiting Rossy and Cheryl. Rossy works in the dentist office Ryan and I use. I love going there. It is such a friendly environment full of ladies. Haahaha…so they had fun seeing my belly and telling me how small I am. I must where Shelby well. Ha! Everyone is amazed that I am 7 months and the size I am. I guess you can decide for yourself. I took the pics on Sunday. I will be officially 7 months on Friday but you get the idea.
After Rossy’s office I went to see Cheryl. It was nice to see her too. It is always fun to see where people work and their environment. Most of my communication is through emails or phone calls.
Well, enough of that. I’m back in the office and waiting patiently for 10 AM so I can get blood draw #2 taken. Then, I’ll watch a movie Rossy loaned me (Seabiscuit…a classic for us horse lovers…). I tried to find wireless but couldn’t connect to it. So, I’m writing this in word and will transfer later.
Yesterday Ryan and I went to Yoakum, TX…home of Circle Y and Double J saddles….We learned that Circle Y (my favorite saddle brand) has their saddles made elsewhere and shipped to Yoakum or to the new owner. That was disappointing. The good news is Double J (Ryan’s favorite) still makes their saddles right there. So, we learned a little about their saddles. I like they custom make it to your needs. If we can ever afford to buy a new saddle (or two) we will probably go w/them. Ryan wants a working saddle for ranch work and breaking horses. I want an all around that I can use to barrel race and rope in. I like that they can custom design the saddle to your needs. I joked to Ryan that the saddle could be my ‘birthing’ gift. He gave me the “Ya Right” look…oh well… I tried.
Anyhow, with that said…the whole purpose to going to Yoakum was to buy a tractor. We have needed one since we bought this land but had to work out some financial details and find the right deal. We originally were going to buy a new tractor but the prices and the length of the loan made us change our mind. Anyhow, we have been searching for some time and found the perfect deal. We got the Ford 3000 Diesel with a 7 ft. Ford shredder, post hole digger, boom, and fork to lift round bales. The tractor was totally redone ~5 years ago and has had one owner. The guy was sad to see it leave and mentioned we better load it before he changes his mind. Anyhow, we are excited to get a tractor w/in our budget and does the work we need to do around our property. Yea! It will be so nice not to beg, plea, bower and pay to use a tractor. We wanted one with a front end loader, but just couldn’t find one w/in our budget. In the meantime this will do the jobs we need to get done.
Well, hunger is taking over and I have 2 more hours so I’m going to go so I can watch Seabiscuit and hopefully keep my mind off of the hunger and thirst. Oh, the joys of be being pregnant.
TTY
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment