Monday, July 21, 2008

Hurricane Dolly

Well, we have our first minor threat of a hurricane for this season. Like last year, it has been quiet. That is good. However, it has been EXTREMELY dry here in Boling. So, that is not good. Damon, about 12 miles from us has gotten plenty of rain. Our friends are working on their 2nd cutting of hay this season and we have yet to cut our first. We got 3 days of rain last month, but it was not very much. We haven't seen any rain since then! So, everything is beginning to die. (Sorry, for some reason my computer is not letting me put in paragraphs...very annoying!)...anyhow...Hurricane Dolly is going to come to shore south of us later this week which means we should get some of the rain. So, are fingers are crossed! We hope to get lots of rain on Wed. and Thurs. Hopefully we'll get the rain and the Hurricane will continue to be fairly harmless!!! Well since this computer is not cooperating I'm going to sign off early...I'll share more another day.

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

I have been wishing you some rain all day as I watch these damn clouds overhead. Just for a few weeks! I know too much wouldn't be good, but we could go for a week or so.

I love ya girl!
JoLynn