I always look forward to the HUGE savings they have on Black Friday. Ryan and I had plans to go once we fed Shelby at 5 AM....which is when she always gets up. Go figure, she decides to sleep in til 6:40 am and I was too lazy to get my butt out of bed to go until then. I almost didn't go, but remembered I had to buy some clothes for work and wanted to take advantage of the savings.
So, it's always the same...Every year I look forward to going until the morning of and I have to get my butt out of bed on my day off at 5 am. Then, I suck it up and get up and go shopping and then come home all excited about all the great deals. :)
Ryan decided to stay home with Shelby since he had over eaten the day before and still wasn't feeling that great. It actually worked out really well cause that allowed me to buzz in and out of the stores very quickly without dealing with a husband and child in tow.
My favorite item is my new crock pot. Yes, I said crock pot...I know, I know...when did I get so domesticated???!!! Well, when they don't have great deals on tack supplies you gotta go with what you can get. :) Anyhow, JC Penney's had them on sale last week for $37 and I almost bought one. It's the fancy kind with the exact temperature and not just high, medium or low. I decided to wait and I'm glad I did because I was able to pick it up for $28. It was regularly priced at $79. I also got Ryan and me (for our anniversary) a tool set. It includes a skill saw, stud finder (not that I need it since I already found my stud...hehehe), light and a drill (all are cordless). It was regularly $159 and I got it for $59. Those were my big deals of the day. I also got some good deals on clothes too, so overall a great day.
We are getting the new heater put in at the rent house today. It was not fixable so we had to put in a new one. That was $2K we didn't plan to have to pay for this year so that kinda sucks. I told Ryan I found a good side to having to have it replaced...it's tax deductable. When you have your own business any type of tax deduction is a blessing. So we are trying to be optomistic about that. We are also having to replace our roof on our current home due to Hurricane Ike. That's another $1200 deductible. So, the cash is flowing in the Boudrie household...just not the right direction. haha...Again, trying to be positive...at least we are getting a new roof for a fraction of the cost.
Oh, I also realized I may have not given an explanation of Ryan's toe. He was shoeing a horse a week or so ago when the horse snatched it's leg from Ryan and then stomped it down on Ryan's foot...shoe and all...so that is why his toe is so gross. What a year for Ryan and injuries.
Well, I guess I should go and take advantage of Shelby being sleepy. I got home at 10 am, fed her and put her to sleep. She slept til 1 pm. I changed her, fed her and she fell asleep on me again. Yes! So, I'm buzzing around the house trying to get things cleaned up. The best part is I even got a nap in today. Yea! Sleep Shelby, Sleep!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment