Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Friday, November 7, 2008

The last two days have been extremely crazy. Yesterday evening Shelby was REALLY colicky and cried for hours. Ryan and I were about to go crazy when he finally got her settled down. We gave her some gas relief medicine but she would spit it up because she was so upset. I mean she SCREAMED. We have never heard her scream like that. Poor baby. Anyhow, Ryan laid her on one of our pillows so her body was propped up but her belly didn’t have any pressure on it and he got her to sleep that way. She slept that way til about 1:30 AM when she woke up so we could change her and feed her and then she went back to sleep again. She slept on that pillow between the two of us until the morning. We survived…it was touch and go, but we survived…together. We woke up the next morning looking and feeling like…well…H-E-double hockey sticks….All I can say is THANK GOD FOR COFEEE….and I mean that. How did the people ‘back in the day’ make it through nights like last night without gas relief medicines for the baby and coffee for Mommy and Daddy?

In perfect timing, my friend and neighbor, Karen, offered to watch Shelby for a few hours today (I’m writing this Friday evening) to give me some time alone. With that in mind, I set up an appointment to get my haircut. So, I took Shelby to Karen’s around 11 AM so I could come back and get some cleaning done. Then at 12:30 I went to get my haircut by a new hairstylist. I LOVE my new haircut. She did a fabulous job. By the time I got my haircut it was time to go get Shelby and bring her back home. Karen said she was awake the whole time she was with her from 11-3 pm. When I showed up she was starting to fall asleep. Long story, short, it is 8 PM and she is still sleeping. She woke up for about 15 min. around 5 pm so I could change her diaper and feed her an ounce. She then fell asleep before she finished her other ounce and has been laying in the play pen bassinet since then. We keep going in there to check on her cause it is so unlike her to sleep this long. We plan to wake her up shortly cause she needs to get up for a while so she will sleep good tonight.

On a side note, Ryan’s mom, Nancy, is going on her big elk hunt this weekend. She has gone the last 2 years and hasn’t had any luck. We hope she finds herself a big, healthy elk. I’m sure it’s very exciting to go elk hunting. Ryan said the sound of the elk bugling is very sobering and very loud! I am not a hunter, but I would love to experience the excitement a hunter experiences with the wildlife, especially something as large as the elk. However, I would not want to be out in the cold northern New Mexico snowy morning. Anyhow, I hope to report her exciting tale of her elk hunt. Hopefully it ends with her killing one.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I am having two friends from work coming to visit me. I’m looking forward to seeing them and I am sure they are looking forward to holding Shelby. They wanted to come see me at the hospital, but I was not up to seeing anyone at that time.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

My friends from work, Cathy and Ruth, came out to visit. It was a very nice visit! They even brought me Sandy McGee’s…yummy…it is a local restaurant in Richmond that has great sandwiches and broccoli soup. They are a little pricey, but they have great food. They also brought Shelby the cutest little outfits. Ruth bought Shelby pajama’s that say Mommy’s Little Joy and they are a Christmas theme. She also bought her the cutest little boots. I’ll have to take a picture cause they are too cute and too hard to describe. Cathy bought Shelby the cutest outfit too. She also bought her cute little new born shoes and a headband as well as sunglasses….I put pics of both items under Shelby’s pics so you can see them. I can’t wait to put the shoes, boots, headband and sunglasses on Shelby and take pictures. Hehehhe…she’ll be my little Barbie doll. Ha! I also put pictures of Shelby from this past week.

I just tried to lay down for a nap because Shelby is resting but I’m not able to take a nap so I thought I’d finish this journal and get the pictures on the lap top so when I go to church tomorrow I can easily upload it all. I might be coming down with something because my throat is sore. So, I’m trying to drink lots of liquids and keep the zicam in my nose. That stuff works so well. I’m sure the lack of sleep is not helping. I only drank a cup of coffee today so I can get the caffeine out of my system. I’m very sensitive to caffeine and I would like to keep it that way. That way the energy is there when I need it.

Ryan went hunting at a friend’s house. Hopefully he won’t be gone too long. He has to work cows tomorrow with the Kalkami’s so he’ll be gone all day tomorrow as well. So, Shelby and I will go to church and then hang out here tomorrow afternoon unless I think of something else to do. Maybe I’ll go visit a friend.

Well, that’s about it for now. Julie comes Monday morning with Nicole and I have a dr. appointment that morning as well. She can fly in on the Dow plane if she flies stand by. They plan to get here Monday morning and then leave Tuesday around 3 PM. She…actually…we…are so lucky to be able to use that Dow plane. I sure wish my family or I could use it. Wouldn’t that be great? I could fly into MI for a few days and then fly back home whenever I wanted. Anyhow, it will be great to see Nicole and Julie. I haven’t seen Julie since last November when she flew down to visit me and come to our house warming party. I haven’t seen Nicole in over 2 years other than in pictures.

Oh, I almost forgot…the video is of Shelby playing on her rainforest. J Erin and David Gorka gave this to us and she just loves it! Her attention span is very short, but when she’s in there she has a lot of fun. The other video is of Shelby pushing herself up while laying on Daddy. She does this a lot and I thought we’d show off how strong she is already. J Both videos were taken on November 2, 2008. Enjoy! She is a month old today!


No comments: