I decided to wash one of my down filled comforters. I did this at home using tennis balls. I figured it was worth a shot since I paid less for it than what the dry cleaners was going to charge me to clean it. I had heard if you use tennis balls they bounce around and get the feathers right.
Anyhow, as I was saying, I did this first at home. Washing it went great, it was the drying that didn't go so well. The comforter is too big to dry completely even after several dryings (yes, i know it's not a word). So, now it stinks. My last ditch effort is to sit at the laundry mat and re-wash it and re-dry it in there bigger dryers. I thought I would drop it off, go to my church and use their wireless while I waited. Before I left I thought what the heck, let's see if they have wireless here....sure enough they do. Who would've thought that the laundry mat in little Needville, TX would have wireless??? So, now I can just sit here and be super efficient. I can write on my blog, check my email, check my facebook, and do my laundry and have peace and quiet from the daughter and husband. :) You wives know what I'm talking about. :)
So, my hope is I'll wash it again and hope the smell comes out...which it should and then I'll dry it in the big dryer with hopes the feathers will separate and dry properly. If this works I get to make another trip back here another time to wash our down filled comforter. If not, I may have to go shopping on black Friday in hopes to pick one up for cheap. hahaha...
As for other happenings, Ryan got his toe smashed yesterday by a horse...literally smashed. He was shoeing a horse and the horse jumped somehow and slammed his hoof, shoe and all, onto Ryan's foot. He couldn't get into the doctors office yesterday so he went this morning. Xrays showed the tip of his big toe is shattered. The doc said the bone will dissolve and he will live. That is good since we don't have very much life insurance on him....of course i say that with humor...so quit gasping. :) He will lose his big toe nail and it's pretty ugly right now. He also can't work cause it hurts too bad. Hopefully he'll be able to work tomorrow. I learned and prayed on Sunday that I need to not worry....Let go and Let God...so I'm letting go and letting God take care of us. It's not like he ever let us down. :)
I'm getting VERY anxious to start riding again. I hope to start riding maybe the end of next week. I feel pretty good this week but I want to be sure my body is ready before I get started. It will more than likely be just walking at first, but that's better than nothing. I can't wait!!!!
I have added some more pictures of Shelby so those of you want to can see how big she is getting. Enjoy! Just click on her link.
Anyhow, as I was saying, I did this first at home. Washing it went great, it was the drying that didn't go so well. The comforter is too big to dry completely even after several dryings (yes, i know it's not a word). So, now it stinks. My last ditch effort is to sit at the laundry mat and re-wash it and re-dry it in there bigger dryers. I thought I would drop it off, go to my church and use their wireless while I waited. Before I left I thought what the heck, let's see if they have wireless here....sure enough they do. Who would've thought that the laundry mat in little Needville, TX would have wireless??? So, now I can just sit here and be super efficient. I can write on my blog, check my email, check my facebook, and do my laundry and have peace and quiet from the daughter and husband. :) You wives know what I'm talking about. :)
So, my hope is I'll wash it again and hope the smell comes out...which it should and then I'll dry it in the big dryer with hopes the feathers will separate and dry properly. If this works I get to make another trip back here another time to wash our down filled comforter. If not, I may have to go shopping on black Friday in hopes to pick one up for cheap. hahaha...
As for other happenings, Ryan got his toe smashed yesterday by a horse...literally smashed. He was shoeing a horse and the horse jumped somehow and slammed his hoof, shoe and all, onto Ryan's foot. He couldn't get into the doctors office yesterday so he went this morning. Xrays showed the tip of his big toe is shattered. The doc said the bone will dissolve and he will live. That is good since we don't have very much life insurance on him....of course i say that with humor...so quit gasping. :) He will lose his big toe nail and it's pretty ugly right now. He also can't work cause it hurts too bad. Hopefully he'll be able to work tomorrow. I learned and prayed on Sunday that I need to not worry....Let go and Let God...so I'm letting go and letting God take care of us. It's not like he ever let us down. :)
I'm getting VERY anxious to start riding again. I hope to start riding maybe the end of next week. I feel pretty good this week but I want to be sure my body is ready before I get started. It will more than likely be just walking at first, but that's better than nothing. I can't wait!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment