Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did You Vote?

My big event for today was leaving my daughter with my husband for an hour so I could go vote and visit with my friend for an hour. It felt good to vote. I was Stacie Boudrie for that whole hour...and I made a difference. Oh, but I didn't get an "I vote" sticker....that sucks! Oh well...I guess that is part of being in a small town. The good news is I spent 8 minutes voting and the rest visiting with Melanie. Thank God for good friends!

Today (other than voting) has been a pretty bad one. It started at 1 AM when I fed Shelby and then she decided to stay awake all night. Around 3 AM I loaded her up in the truck and took her for a drive into Needville and back. I didn't hear her and was excited at the thought she was sleeping. I was debating what to do with her...leave her in her car seat or put her in her bed...when I pulled the blanket off of the car seat to see two little blue eyes looking at me as if to say "That was fun, now what are we going to do?" I think I finally crawled into bed around 4 am....Ryan got up with her when she woke up a couple of hours later. I was done and had nothing else to give. I got up around 9...I think...time seems to just slip by you when you are taking care of an infant.

Ryan had a dentist appt so he left around 10 am...only to find out he has 4 cavities. Great, I have three that need to be refilled with that clear stuff they use now. Dentist said it will help delay me having a root canal. So, tell me, why do I work so hard to take care of my teeth??? Anyhow...there's about $600 worth of dental work between the two of us.

Then, Ryan calls the renters to figure out why they haven't paid us yet only to find out that they flaked on us and have basically moved out of our rent house with no warning. We had a purchase agreement and rental agreement with them. Don't you love how losers can just walk away from a financial agreement and there is nothing we, the honest and hard working people, can do? And we wonder why the housing market is so screwed up. Needless to say I'm pretty hot under the skin with that situation. These people came to our house and hung out with us. They wanted to be our friends...and when things get tough they just walk away...I have a few choice words for them but what good is it. So, we are off trying to find renters again. God willing we'll find them quickly or else we are screwed when it comes time to pay taxes in December.

Needless to say, to our loving family members, Christmas is going to be slim pickings from us. Sorry...

On a more positive note...we did open up a savings account for Shelby. We had gifts of money from friends and family and I thought it was best to put it into the bank to help jump start Shelby's college fund. :) I plan to get enough money to wrap it up into savings bonds or CDs...I need to see which yields the most money. JoLynn shared with me the new type of savings bonds and so we'll have to see what they have to offer down here. Thanks, JoLynn, for that information.

Well it's off to do something else.... I seriously feel like I'm part of that movie "Groundhog day"....hahahaha....get up, feed baby, rock baby to sleep, lay baby down for nap or play with her, clean up mess in living room, wash bottles, make more bottles, you get the idea....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacie,

With the balloons was their eight other balloons with it? Just wondering. Let me know!

Shelly