Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Doctor Appointments

Nothing too exciting has been going on here the last few days. I had a dr. appt. on Monday. Doc says I'm doing fine, but still healing and I still have stitches. He hopes for me to be good to go in another couple of weeks.

Julie and Nicole came to visit for the night Monday. That was a nice visit. We didn't do a whole lot. We went up to Richmond to Kohl's on Monday afternoon. I took Shelby thinking she would sleep the whole time. That's what I get for thinking. She threw a complete fit at Kohl's, so that was fun. I was even trying to find her some long sleeve shirts. Needless to say we didn't get anything. Nicole and Julie found some good deals though. We went to a couple of other stores too and she was a little better. I had to hold her a lot, but at least she wasn't screaming.

Shelby did really well yesterday. She took some good naps during the day which is not like her. Then, last night she woke up like normal and we changed her and fed her. Then put her in bed after she fell asleep. We crawl back in bed only to stay awake because of the REALLY loud thunder and lightening. Luckily it didn't wake her up, but it kept me up for a while. So it shortened my already sleepless nights.

On Tuesday we all just hung out because it was too wet to do anything (it had rained all day Monday). Then we went to lunch in Wharton and went to the western store. I found some jeans for cheap so I was excited about that. I'm still about 2 inches away from fitting into my old jeans and I am not sure if I'll lose it. I believe my hips have spread so instead of fighting it and being depressed I decided to just buy new jeans. :) I figure if I do get back into my old jeans I'll least have some 'fat' jeans to wear that are comfortable.

Today we take her to her 4 week dr. appointment. We are trying a new doctor. I had to wait way too long for the other doctor and we heard this one takes more time with you and doesn't make you wait as long. I don't mind waiting for 10-15 min. but after that I get annoyed. If I were that late I would lose my time and probably have to pay my co-pay. Anyhow, that's just one of my pet peeves. So, hopefully this doctor will work out for us.

No comments: