Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Good Life

Today was a good day. I always enjoy church. It seems to get me through when times are tough. It also just gets me through the week. I struggle with juggling so many different hats. That's why it is always good to get 'filled up' on Sunday to remind me to not sweat the small stuff. It's always a great reminder that God does provide for everything. I get stressed about bills and the issues we're having with the rent house and then I sit back and think about how the money always appears. Yes, maybe in 'my' plans I wanted to put the money away for a nest egg or for a trip to MI and I get frustrated when we have to invest it into other areas such as the rent house, medical bills, etc. Then, I hear sermons like today and I have to remember that it is not what I want. It is what God wants...and really we should be happy that we have the extra money so we don't have to go further in debt like so many others. We have a wonderful home, we are 'blessed' with a rent home, (I say it that way because I would LOVE to sell it but that is not what we are supposed to do I guess), we are blessed to have food on our table and wonderful friends and family that are there for us. We are also blessed with our beautiful Shelby. So, when you count your blessings life is not so bad.

This week, on Wednesday, I go back to work. It's bitter sweet. I love my job, but I dread being away from Shelby for so many hours out of the day. I would love to work part time. That would be the perfect mix for me. Ryan is so blessed to be able to spend the mornings with her. They are going to bond and she is going to want him over me. That bums me out. I have to admit I enjoy knowing she find comfort in me. I guess that is a "Mom thing."

I have also felt very blessed to be able to ride again. It is so liberating. I cannot wait to make my first real run in January. I went to a friend's house on Saturday and had so much fun working Badger on the barrel pattern. I thought for sure I was going to have to work out some kinks, especially on the first barrel. But, Badger proved to me otherwise. We just have to get each other into shape again and the barrel pattern will come so easily. He's even snappier than what he was a year ago and he hasn't seen a barrel pattern since summer. I can't wait to run him again! I can't wait to win for us to win the novice saddle next year!

I truly believe he has 'it' and I can't wait to ride him this year. I have, as you know, started taking him swimming too. I seen the list of horses that go to this facility and they are all top notched, 1D and pro horses. That really proved to me what an edge the swimming can give me. So, my hopes is to start winning some money so I can continue to take him swimming and hopefully move him up to two days a week. I really think that will give me the edge to get into that class of runners and I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments: