Friday, October 17, 2008

Boudrie's Hang Out

The last two days have been pretty busy for us. We are still working on getting Shelby on a schedule that involves having her day and nights in the right order. We’ve had great success with that. She has been sleeping through the night except to be fed around 1 am and 5 am. We are so lucky!

Yesterday Ryan’s Dad, Dick, flew into town to spend a couple of days with us. So, Grandma and Grandpa baby sat while I ran into one of my schools to get some stuff I had accidentally left behind, including my checkbook. I had been looking for it for a while so I was relieved to find it. Then, I went to Sam’s to get formula and a couple of essentials. Finally, I went to the administration building to add Shelby to our insurance. With just that I was done! I guess I’m not as healthy as I had hoped. I had to come home and lay down. My plan was just to relax. Before I knew it I had taken an hour nap. Later that evening we went out to eat to Dick and Nancy’s favorite restaurant in Wharton County. It’s a seafood place. I get the usual….a cheeseburger which is surprising good since it comes from a seafood restaurant. I REALLY wish I liked seafood. I just don’t. 

Today Dick is fixing our toilet and dishwasher. Poor Dick…he flies in and we have a lists. Hopefully they are quick fixes. We just had the dishwasher put in and the water is backing up into the bottom of the dishwasher so it gets real stink and it leaks. Dick said it was installed properly, so that is good since we paid to have it installed the Monday before Shelby was born. It is so nice to have a dishwasher…it will be even better when the drain gets set up correctly. The toilet is just a valve problem. We haven’t had the time to fix it and so we’ve been turing the water off to the toilet each time. I won’t miss having to do that!

I’m doing much better. I’m still healing, but most of my body feels pretty good. I’m blessed as I am quickly getting back into my old body. I have been wearing my ‘fat’ jeans as I call them and I’m pretty excited about that. It feels good to wear normal clothes again. The maternity shirts were fine, but I hated the pants. They made my belly itch. I need to pull out all my normal clothes and put them back in my closet. This should be interesting since Ryan and I now share a closet. I used to use the closet in Shelby’s room. I’m not sure how that will work…ha…

Tonight we plan to go to the Needville Harvest fest for a little while. They are having a BBQ cook off and so it will be good eatins. Ryan and I always go there and it’s a lot of fun. I am sure I won’t be able to stay too long and I’ll probably just hang out in our friend’s BBQ area. That way I can sit and if friends want to see Shelby they can come visit us. They have been anxiously waiting to meet her. I was so sick in the hospital I asked them not to come and I’m just now starting to feel up to guests.

Nancy and Dick go back home tomorrow. The extra help will be missed, but I know they are both anxious to go home for a while because they both have been gone a lot with caring for us and for Dick’s dad. Then, Dad and Charlene come on Tuesday. They’ll stay for a few days and then they are going to go to San Antonio to stay in a time share for the week.

I will take some pics this weekend of Shelby and will plan to upload them the next couple of days.

No comments: