Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Great Night!

Someone had requested me to put my email address. You can reach me at stacieboudrie@yahoo.com. I do return messages from there as well. Just be patient as Shelby sucks up a lot of my time and we have dial up. Yes, I know I have said that a lot. Can you tell I'm frustrated and annoyed by dial up??? hahaha....

We made it through the night. Yesterday we worked hard to keep Shelby awake for at least an hour at a time throughout the day in hopes she’d get on a better schedule. It was a success! Yes! I also thought about how she was so good in the truck going to and from the doctor appointments. So, I put her in her car seat and rocked her til she went to sleep. Then, Shelby and I went to bed with her in her car seat right next to our bed. She slept for two hours. Yes! So we got up and I fed her again. We fell asleep with her on my chest. Oops…that’s what happens when you just want to ‘rest your eyes’…haha…so then I put her back in her car seats with hopes of going back to my bed. But, but this time it had been a couple of hours and so when I tried to lay down she fussed and so I got up and fed her. To make it easier I decided to put her in her car seat and sleep on the couch. The rest of the night we slept in the living room so I would know for sure she was going to sleep. Funny how a couch I hated even laying on a week ago was a great sleeping place for me this week. She slept from 4 – 7 AM. That was awesome! It was wonderful just getting several hours of sleep. I had to cover the car seat up so the cats would not get in there. Sady, our female cat, can’t help herself. She is always trying to check on Shelby.

Speaking of our cats, they have both surprised me! You would think when I’m up in the middle of the night with a crying baby they would go and hide to get away from the noise. Especially these two since that is what they do if we get strangers in the house…well strangers to them. Anyhow, both the cats are by my side no matter what room I’m in with Shelby. They are glued to us. They even sleep in Shelby’s room during the day if I don’t have the door closed. Animals never cease to amaze me.

Anyhow, I was so excited that I got several hours of sleep. I was hurting REALLY bad yesterday after she was up so long all night long. I’m not a night person and the long late hours were kicking my butt. So, now that I’ve gotten 4 or 5 hours of sleep I feel GREAT….I’m ready to tackle another day with my little girl. It’s hard to believe it’s been 7days already. I’m so glad to be on this side of this adventure. I think about last week and what I went through the next few days that followed and can’t help but think about the woman who did this over and over again. I’m so glad to make last week a memory.

No comments: