IKE PICS - I just found these Ike Pictures that were taken all over the city of Houston and surrounding towns. There are some really cool pics so I thought I'd share with you. Go to http://www.click2houston.com/index.html and then scroll down a little bit to "Slideshows" and you'll see the links there.
I thought I'd send an update to let y'all know there is no baby yet. :) She is thinking about it but that is it. She definately has her daddy's laid back attitude. Ha! I think that is a good thing. We'll know a lot more on Monday after my doctor's appointment.
Nancy got sick this week. Poor thing...she got an upper respiratory infection and has been feeling pretty crappy. She went to the doc the other day and he gave her some prescription meds. She said she is feeling better as of yesterday. She is still doing too much...still wanting to help. I think she is a bit stir crazy too. With Ryan and me working she is stuck at our house by herself a lot. She is not used to that and said it has really challenged her patience.
We went to the fair last night to watch the PRCA slack. Ryan had to help with the bulls in the back. That was fun. I got to watch a lot of barrel racers and got to see a few of my favorites. Kelly Kaminski ran last night on her sorrel horse. I hadn't seen them run since last winter after she first bought the horse. THey have come a long way and are heading in the right direction. I sure hope to see her running at the top of the ranks in 2009.
The ground was terrible for those horses. It was hard and got real deep around the barrels. God Bless a rodeo barrel horse. Not every horse can run at that speed and be that atheltic on such crappy ground.
We will go to the rodeo again tonight and tomorrow night. They are both PRCA rodeos and we'll see the cream of the crop this weekend. I love it! I hope to also see Jackie Dube and Brittany Pozzi-Pharr run this weekend. They are both within 2 hrs of this rodeo so I'm sure they will be there. I read their blogs as well as Kelly's throughout the year. Maybe someday I'll be doing this...I don't care as long as I get to run barrels. I used to dream of competing at that level and maybe someday I will.
Oh, I almost forgot, PRCA rodeos have a speciality act at some point during the show. This year they brought in to (I'm guessing) professionals who ride dirt bikes. I plan to take some video a/o pics this weekend to share the amazing stunts they can do. It's pretty cool. They even had the cowboys gasping as they did their flips and turns in the air. I thought of Shelly's kids when I saw them doing all those crazy stunts!
That's it for now...stay tuned for baby and rodeo reports. :)
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment