I tried to add pics but it won't cooperate. I'll try again later.
I know I said I would write sooner, but the hopsital did not have wireless internet while I was there....go figure. :(
Shelby was born on October 8, 2008 at 6:16 PM. She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz, 20 inches long and she had a 14 cm diameter 'noggin' as Ryan would say. She is a big girl.
Delivery was pretty tough and afterwards was tougher. We went in Oct. 7th at 8 pm to get ready for our big day. That morning the doc came in to check me and ok'd me being induced. All went well. I tried to hold off on any drugs until I could have the eperideral but the labor got intense and so I had them give me some pain medication through an IV then around 3 1/2 cm I was given the epederial. Dr. Greenwhich (Sp?) did an AWESOME job. I barely felt him do the epideral and he was very quick. He even checked in on me to make sure all went well afterwards.
We started hard labor around 4:30. It was touch and go for a while. I would heard Doc trying to decide what to do with me cause Shelby was being stubborn. Without getting into details he had to use foreceps and I had to use a lot determination. She finally arrived at 6:16.
That night proved to me that labor was easy. I had lost a lot of blood and continued to lose a lot of blood as well as have EXTREMELY hard contractions as my uterus did its thing. I was in so much pain and the nurses had only brought me Motrin. That didn't even tough the pain. They finally, after Ryan got after them, brought me some demerol around 9:30 and again at 10:30. Finally, relief....We left Shelby in the nursery that night so we could recover. There was no way I could take care of her in any way. If I remember correctly the nurses tried to get me up to go to the restroom Wednesday night and I would sit up and begin to pass out. It took most of the next day for me to sit up but still couldn't even come close to standing.
On Thursday the doc came and checked me. I had a hematoma he was concerned about and so I couldn't eat or drink anything incase he needed to put me under to take it out. He came back a couple of hours later and luckily it hadn't changed sizes and he was comfortable with me not doing the procedure. Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel. I was also able to eat. It was now Thursday at noon. So, I ate as much as I could but kept my meals simple and high in fiber. I also began drinking lots of liquids with the hopes of being able to get enough strength to stand that night. By Thursday evening I was able to stand on my own with little help and I didn't feel dizzy as long as I didn't stand too long.
Friday morning we had another set back after they removed the catheter and so I was afraid I was going to have to stay another night. I was so done with the hospital it was really hard to think of staying another night. Thankfully, I am stubborn and I was determined to recoop enough to go home and they released Shelby and me around 2:30 pm.
Thank you to everyone who has been calling and leaving messages. It has been a tough ordeal and I tend to pull inward when I face tough times. Thanks for your patience, prayers and well wishes. Shelby and I are doing great. I have a lot of healing to do, but God made me tough so I know each day means I'll be feeling better and better. Shelby, of course, is PERFECT. What a blessing it is to be a mom. Rossy's mom was right when she said "being a Mom is the hardest job you will every love." That is so true. Last night proved it when Shelby was up every 20 min - 1 hr until 4 AM. That was tough! The good news is she let out a big burb around 4 AM and then she and I slept on the chair til 6 AM. Then, we went to bed and slept til 8:30. I fed her, changed her and back to bed we went. We slept til 10:30...it was wonderful.
Ryan is doing well. He went through a lot taking care of 'his girls' and was thankful to be in his own home and bed last night. He has been so supportive. More than I could've ever asked for! We are so lucky to have him in our lives.
Nancy has also been a HUGE help. She took care of all of our 4 legged children while we were gone and held down the fort. She also came up to the hospital to help Ryan out since I was tied to the bed....
I guess that is everything in a nutshell. I will log on and give updates as time permits. Be patient...Shelby demands a lot our time. :)
God Bless!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you put your yahoo address on your web page?
Congrats Stacie! I am SO happy for you & your little fam. It is just so hard to explain how wonderful it is. It sounds like you really went through it, it is rough but you'd prolly do it again because the end result is AWESOME.
Love Jeanette
Post a Comment