Today started last night around 12:33 when Shelby was fussy for Ryan. He had taken the early shift so I could go to bed around 9:30 pm because I had to be up and out the door by 6:40 to make my 7:30 doctor appointment for Shelby. Unfortunately Shelby had other plans. I took over thinking she would be sleeping by 1 AM ish and I would still get me a good nights sleep. Of course, children are like animals and they all have minds of their own. So, needless to say, it was a long night. She fussed and fidgeted for 2 hours. Then, around 2:30 AM I put her in her bouncy seat and turned the vibrator on. She continued to fuss but I believe she fell asleep around 3:00. I fell asleep on the couch waiting for her to be sound asleep. Around 3:30 I tried to take her to her room only for her to wake up and look at me. It is as if she was saying..."Oh no Momma, your job is to hold me all night long." So, we got another bottle, changed her diaper and around 4:30 she fell asleep and I was able to put her in her crib. That gave me a full hours sleep...actually 1 1/2 hours cause I was so tired I slept til 6 AM. Ryan helped me pack things up and sent me off with a mug of coffee....
The doctor's visit was fine, but it annoys me that it took me 1 and 15 min. to spend 5 min. with the doctor and get a prescription cream to help her with a rash type thing on her neck. Doc gave me a fancy name for it...I just asked for something to take it away. :) Anyhow, I hate waiting more than 15 min. for any doctor. I pay a lot of money for our insurance and I also pay a lot of money in co pays...to me it's a service and I deserve to be treated with respect. If I were to keep the doctor waiting he would move on...so I plan to do the same.
I was supposed to call the pediatrician we had in the hospital today but today got away from me and I never got to it. I have a list of 'to dos' and the only one I accomplished was calling a potential babysitter to set up a time to meet with her next week. So much for the "To Do' list. We'll try again tomorrow...
I did get a nap in for about an hour. Ryan had to go back into town to put some shoes on a horse and I am pretty sure Shelby sensed that cause as soon as he left she woke up. Go figure...lucky for me she was only up an hour and wasn't too fussy. She stays up way too long and then gets too tired to sleep. So, we're working on that...
Oh, we also took Romeo (formerly known as Bobalou) to get worked on. He's one tough dude cause the lady that worked on him said he was out in his back end. She worked on him for over an hour. She also taught me some stretches I need to do with him to help keep him in line. She recommend staying off of him for a month. So much for Ryan breaking him this month. That is ok though, he's a nice horse and will be worth the wait. She said we can start round pen work on him the end of next week. I hope to be well enough to start working horses in the round pen at that point. He also needs to get his teeth floated and probably needs his wolf teeth pulled as well. She uses a guy out of Oklahoma and so that's probably who we'll use. The problem is he only comes down once every 6 weeks or so. The good news is he is coming sometime next week...the bad news is we just dropped $95 having him worked on and to get his teeth taken care of will be another $100+. Horses are like kids, they are always needing something and it's very seldom something that is free. :)
Well, off to check my other Internet sites to see what's going on in everyone else's world.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment