Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cool October

I love October in Texas. The weather is just perfect. The nights are cool and the days are not scorching hot. It’s wonderful! The only thing to make it even better is to feel well enough to go outside and enjoy it. I’m still recovering and so I have to make myself lay around more than my brain wants to. The good news is I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in regards to my year off and being able to get back to riding. It will still be a good 4-5 more weeks, but that is nothing compared to 10 months. We all usually go outside at least once a day to get outside. It is great. Shelby and I enjoy going out to the barn to see the horses. Nancy has been feeding the horses a lot or I haven’t felt up for the walk to the barn so I haven’t been out there much. But, come this week I plan to go out with Ryan at least once a day.

We are going to start taking Badger swimming starting the beginning of November to help get the weight off of him and get him in shape so all I’ll have to do is work him on the barrel pattern and hopefully be competitive again come January.

Dick and Nancy left on Saturday to go back to New Mexico. We had a nice visit with them and we are now adjusting to not having Nancy around as an extra pair of hands. Shelby decided to test us and our ability to be parents by fussing from 2:30 til about 6 am off and on. Ryan originally got up with her but she wouldn’t quit fussing so I took her for a while. Around 4 am I laid her on my chest and patted her back. That went on til 6 am. Then she rested for an hour and let me take a cat nap before she woke up again at 7 am. She continued to fuss but not near as bad. Thank God for the over the counter medicine that helps with gas. I believe that was our savior.

She is doing great today and is now sleeping in her crib. She didn’t like it and would only take cat naps in it so we have been having her sleep in her car seat at night and during the day it kinda switches around from the swing to the crip to our arms depending on what’s going on at that time. Well, this is the good thing about having so much time to think while your baby fusses at night. I came up with the idea to make a cocoon in her crib with a fuzzy blanket and then lie her in the middle of it all. She likes that cozy feeling so it has worked so far today and we are on nap two. We’ll see how tonight goes. I’m determined to get her on a schedule as well as get her in her own room.

We took some pictures of her with us and her with her Grandparents. I’ve added them to her link. Enjoy.

Ryan just got a call from our friends inviting us over so it looks like we will be off again once Shelby wakes up. Sounds like fun….

No comments: