Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday's Happenings

Dad and Charlene are coming back for a couple of more days. They had a bad experience in San Antonio the other night. They were attacked by two young guys in S.A. I thought Charlene was kidding when she told me. They are both ok, but were very shaken up by the experience. I would consider SA a safe town and was shocked when they told me. Fortunately, a WONDERFUL taxi driver stopped and helped them. He also called 911. They were able to identify one of the guys, but they never saw the other one so they couldn't positively identify him. It was a scary ordeal so they decided to come back here for a couple of days and spend it with us rather than stay in SA til Saturday. So, they rented another car and will arrive here in a few hours and leave early Saturday.

We are going to go to Galveston tomorrow to see what it looks like after Hurricane Ike hit on Sept. 12th. I'm curious to see the damage as well as the reconstruction that has begun. I also would like to support Galveston to help get it back on its feet.

Then, Friday night we are going to go to our church for a Halloween party for the community. It should be fun. We may also go to some friend's houses to celebrate Shelby's first Halloween. :)

Saturday I'm going to my friend's house to hang out and show off Shelby. I also hope to get back to church this Sunday. I haven't been since Sept. and I REALLY miss going. I was going to go last week but Shelby woke up really stuffy so I decided to stay home.

Shelby is sleeping and I'm tired so I'm going to attempt to take a nap while she naps. I'll add new pics next week of Galveston and I'm sure I'll have new pics of Shelby too. Surprise, surprise! :)

No comments: