
Yesterday we had our doctor appointment for week 35. We had an ultra sound. It is not as good or clear as the one we had back in June, but I have uploaded some of the pics for you to check out. We even had them double check to be sure we were still having a girl and it’s a go. (That was for all of you who had doubt she might not be a girl!
This picture is TERRIBLE...but I thought I'd share anyhow. It is a picture of her face. I don't see it, but I just pretended that I did. ha! It is apparently a picture from the front.
Anyhow, according to the ultra sound technician (I’m not sure if that’s her official title, but it sounds good!) Anyhow, she told us that Shelby is doing very well and is a healthy 6 lbs 4 oz. My original due date is October 10th. The technician told me according to her measurements my due date is October 5th. So, we’ll see…the due date we are going by will still be October 10th.
Shelby has moved into to the downward position. I figured she was since I am not walking very quickly and I’ve been more uncomfortable in the lower region of my belly. She still manages to kick and push my belly in all sorts of weird positions even though her head is facing downward. The doc says she hangs out on the left side of my belly. Of course I didn’t need the doc to tell me that…we could feel her there on a regular basis.
I’m now going every week to the doctor. So, I’ll keep you up to date as we get closer and closer to the big day. We are still hopeful to make it the fair this year, which is at the end of September, but I guess we’ll see what Shelby has to say.
Today I have my baby shower at Oakland. I’m looking forward to that. I’ll share pics, etc. later this week. I’ll be sure to get some new pics of my belly too. I’ve grown a lot since last week. Even I have noticed how much I’ve grown. I’m still not huge, but there is definitely a belly there! J It’s all Shelby!
Friday is my personal shower my ‘horse’ friends are hosting. Erin, Glenda, Rossy, Pam, and Donna are hosting a couple’s baby shower. That should be a lot of fun. We plan to have BBQ with all the fixings. We will have the party at our house since we have the shop. I’m really looking forward to that. It looks like it will be pretty big too…with around 50 people who have RSVP’d already. Yickes! I guess anytime you say BBQ and Beer…your guaranteed to get a Texan to show up! HA! I’ll take lots of pics and share those with you next week.
Of course, as I write all this there is yet another Hurricane in the Gulf. Hurricane Ike is keeping us all guessing. Right now they expect to be at least a 3 if not stronger. However, it keeps changing directions so we’re not sure where it will hit. Monday it was heading right towards Galveston which would not be good for us. Yesterday it had moved south and was heading towards the Port O’Connor area (south of us), but they expect it to take a sharp turn to the North, which might bring it back to Galveston. It should hit sometime Friday/Saturday which is not good with our party. So, I’m hopeful that it won’t gain momentum and will turn out to be a dud like Hurricane Eduardo was a few weeks ago.
Last night, Ryan and I worked on the yard trying to get the front and back lawn cut with the lawn mower and the future pasture to the left of our house shredded. I finished the back lawn and the lawn right in front of our house. However, when I went to mow the otherside the belt broke on our lawn mower….arg…I told Ryan that lawn mower is our official money pit. So, I guess the other side of the front lawn will not be mowed for a little while. I guess it was good because it made me quit. Shelby was not happy when I got off the lawn mower and was pretty active and my belly was achy. So, I guess I’m done with that job til after she arrives…at least Ryan was able to finish shredding.
Well, this has turned into a book already so I will go for now. I have been so busy at work and home I just have not had time to do much of anything but work. It has been so busy at work as I attempt to complete a semesters worth of work in 8 weeks. LOL…as I type that I believe I wrote that last week. Sorry…blame it on Shelby working on being a genius by stealing all my brain cells! Anywho...Enjoy the new pics and I’ll add more pics of the showers later.
Shelby has moved into to the downward position. I figured she was since I am not walking very quickly and I’ve been more uncomfortable in the lower region of my belly. She still manages to kick and push my belly in all sorts of weird positions even though her head is facing downward. The doc says she hangs out on the left side of my belly. Of course I didn’t need the doc to tell me that…we could feel her there on a regular basis.
I’m now going every week to the doctor. So, I’ll keep you up to date as we get closer and closer to the big day. We are still hopeful to make it the fair this year, which is at the end of September, but I guess we’ll see what Shelby has to say.
Today I have my baby shower at Oakland. I’m looking forward to that. I’ll share pics, etc. later this week. I’ll be sure to get some new pics of my belly too. I’ve grown a lot since last week. Even I have noticed how much I’ve grown. I’m still not huge, but there is definitely a belly there! J It’s all Shelby!
Friday is my personal shower my ‘horse’ friends are hosting. Erin, Glenda, Rossy, Pam, and Donna are hosting a couple’s baby shower. That should be a lot of fun. We plan to have BBQ with all the fixings. We will have the party at our house since we have the shop. I’m really looking forward to that. It looks like it will be pretty big too…with around 50 people who have RSVP’d already. Yickes! I guess anytime you say BBQ and Beer…your guaranteed to get a Texan to show up! HA! I’ll take lots of pics and share those with you next week.
Of course, as I write all this there is yet another Hurricane in the Gulf. Hurricane Ike is keeping us all guessing. Right now they expect to be at least a 3 if not stronger. However, it keeps changing directions so we’re not sure where it will hit. Monday it was heading right towards Galveston which would not be good for us. Yesterday it had moved south and was heading towards the Port O’Connor area (south of us), but they expect it to take a sharp turn to the North, which might bring it back to Galveston. It should hit sometime Friday/Saturday which is not good with our party. So, I’m hopeful that it won’t gain momentum and will turn out to be a dud like Hurricane Eduardo was a few weeks ago.
Last night, Ryan and I worked on the yard trying to get the front and back lawn cut with the lawn mower and the future pasture to the left of our house shredded. I finished the back lawn and the lawn right in front of our house. However, when I went to mow the otherside the belt broke on our lawn mower….arg…I told Ryan that lawn mower is our official money pit. So, I guess the other side of the front lawn will not be mowed for a little while. I guess it was good because it made me quit. Shelby was not happy when I got off the lawn mower and was pretty active and my belly was achy. So, I guess I’m done with that job til after she arrives…at least Ryan was able to finish shredding.
Well, this has turned into a book already so I will go for now. I have been so busy at work and home I just have not had time to do much of anything but work. It has been so busy at work as I attempt to complete a semesters worth of work in 8 weeks. LOL…as I type that I believe I wrote that last week. Sorry…blame it on Shelby working on being a genius by stealing all my brain cells! Anywho...Enjoy the new pics and I’ll add more pics of the showers later.
No comments:
Post a Comment