I thought I would let you know that I have snagged some pics from my friends around the Houston area and added them to my Hurricane Ike picture gallery. I will add more as they come up.
I had my ITS baby shower yesterday. ITS is my job title and there are about 25 of us in the district. Two of my close friends (Monica and Kaylene) hosted the shower. I was so surprised to see many of my co-workers to the party because many of them are still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. Many of them have family members staying with them or they are staying with family members due to no power. It meant a lot to me for them to take time out of their very crazy week to come and spend some time with me to celebrate the upcoming birth of Shelby. I also appreciate those friends who planned to attend but were not able to. My prayers are with all of you during this trying time.
We took lots of pictures and I plan to upload those pics in the near future.
As for Ike news....We still have 25 out of 60 schools w/o power in my district. At this time FBISD plans to open up and get back to normal life. However, our superintendent was going to talk with Centerpoint Energy to find out the status of the schools w/o power and would make a final decision today. Either way, faculty and staff will go to work on Monday.
We have one school that lost 60% of its roof (Christa McAuliffe MS) and the students at that school will have to attend Willowridge until repairs can be made. I was told they plan to reopen the school 2nd semester. I'll be impressed if they are able to do all that construction by January. Kudos to them if they can! I don't believe there was any major damage done to any of the other schools, but I could be wrong.
As for us...the roofing company came out and did the measurements on our home and will have an estimate for us on Monday. I talked with our insurance agency and they are having more adjusters come to this area to help with the work load and plan to have adjuster come out sometime in the near future. So, we'll see what happens with that.
I'm still waiting to find out if my friend, Alison's, family lost their beach house on Jamaica Beach. I went to visit her back in June for the day and really enjoyed the home and the beach life. I am still hopeful that their home will be standing. It has withstood many other Hurricanes. They are allowing home owners to go to Jamaica beach today, so hopefully they'll find out today what the status of their home is.
Here is a pic I took from her deck back in June.

No comments:
Post a Comment