Yesterday evening we lost Ryan's beloved dog, Diesel. He was one in a million and will be missed GREATLY. Ryan had just left with a friend and I went inside for just a few minutes to get some things together. I was leaving just a few minutes behind him. When I called for the dogs Diesel (aka Booze) didn't come like he always does. After calling and calling for him I went out to see if he was on the road. Unfortunately he was. We are both heart broken as this dog was not just any pet. He was our friend, Ryan's buddy. Just writing this brings me to tears and I know the next few days and weeks are going to be extremely hard for both of us. D brought a lot of life to our family and we are saddened that he will not be able to meet our daughter. We even made jokes of how he would be Shelby's first horse.
I know those of you that have had that special animal that left you way too soon can understand our hurt and pain.
Diesel loved playing fetch with Luna our other dog and Ryan or me every night, going for "Booze Cruises" as Ryan called them (which is a ride in Ryan's truck), playing with the kittens in the barn, and taking long, fast runs in our back pasture to stretch his legs. No words will describe how much we will miss him.
Here is a fun picture of our D just taken a few weeks ago trying to catch the tennis ball in the air. He wasn't very good at it but tried with all his heart and sacrificing his body 'for the game' as we always said.
1 comment:
Stacie and Ryan-
I am so sorry to hear about D! Reading this brought me to tears! Stacie, you know I am a dog person and my pup Stella is my fur-child. I shutter to think what you guys must be feeling. But, as God continues the circle of life... Shelby is coming and will hear the stories of your beloved Diesel.
Alison
Post a Comment