Nancy decided to fly in early since Shelby had dropped. So, Saturday after we picked Nancy up from the airport we went to Olive Garden (Yummy...I had been craving that for a while!)...we went home for a while then went back up to the rodeo for the 2nd night. Ryan didn't compete...we just hung out with friends and watched the rodeo. I had all intentions of watching Johnny Lee in concert but by 10:30 I was ready to go home or should I say Shelby was ready to go home!?! Since Nancy was too Ryan had to go home! HA!
This pic was taken Friday night at the fair. Ryan and I don't always get cleaned up so I thought I better take advantage of my clean shaving, good lookin' husband! :)
Here is a pic of me sitting in the rocker.
Last night was the ranch rode. Ryan was on a team of 4 men. There are 4 events and all the teams try to get a fast, qualifying time. The first event was cutting...they had about 10 cattle and as one man walks over the white line they call a number. They then have to get the steer with that number on his back plus the additional 2 numbers (ex: 4,5,6) out of that area and across the white line. They got DQ'd cause the wrong cattle went over. The 2nd event they had to rope a steer and pull the rope over a yoke then tie the steers head to the yoke (which is like a Y shaped tree stump) and then pull the heading rope off of the steer. The 3rd event 2 men have to head and heel the steer and stretch the steer out so he's lying on his side on the ground with his head and heels roped. Then, a third man has to put in X on the steer. The 4th event I missed cause it was late and I went to sleep in the horse trailer. So, I can't remember what they did for that. Overall, they got a time on 3 out of 4 events. Not bad! Ryan had so much fun too. He loved it...so maybe he'll start doing that more often. Ranch Rodeo events are very popular with the ranch cowboys because it's what most of them do everyday or, like Ryan, do it whenever they get an opportunity to work cattle.
Like rodeo events, each event originated from when cowboys had to do this for a living and they made a sport out of it. It's a lot of fun to watch too. I may upload some videos for you to watch, but that depends on how much time I get in the near future. Ha! My days are numbered!
Finally, I have my doctors appointment today. Probably my last one. If Shelby doesn't come this week I'll be induced next week. So, we're almost there. She is giving me all the signs she's getting ready so I'm anxious to see what doc says today. :)
I am in the process of adding pictures of my last two showers as well as this weekends events. It may take me most of the day, so be patient and enjoy. I'll add the shower pics to Shelby's link and I'll add the fair pics to "Texas"...enjoy!
Stacie
1 comment:
Stacie and Ryan,
You know what really stinks is not being their with you guys while all of this is going on! I miss that!!!
Take care,
Love
Shelly
Post a Comment