Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Update - one of my teacher friends shared this website with me today. Thought I'd pass on to you... www.stormpulse.com. It has info about Ike.

Yes we are at this time in the direct path of Hurricane Ike. We were supposed to have our couple's baby shower tomorrow, but we had to cancel. I'm VERY bummed! I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time. We are post poning it for another day, not sure when since the next few weekends are busy with other events, including the fair and the big arrival of Shelby. So, we'll see.

Back to the hurricane - we are preparing our home for the hit. At this time we are expecting 75 MPH winds at our house. So, Ryan is going to buy plywood today to board up all of our windows. He is also moving all the round bales to specific places to help with blocking the wind by our shop. I feel so useless...it's so hard watching him do all this work and I can't really help. Luckily, Kirby, the guy that is renting our house, is helping Ryan and vice versa. Thank God for Kirby and his fiance' Heather. They also have to trim a few trees around our house to avoid them falling on our house. I'm not sure if they have to do that at the rent house. I guess I need to ask Ryan about that. Worrying about two houses is added stress. We have insurance but it doesn't lighten the load or fear of what might happen.

We are both concerned about the horses, but we really have no where to go. All the places we would go to are in direct line with the hurricane. I also don't want to leave being so pregnant. I would hate for something to happen and me be so far from home and our hospital.

This is all so depressing. It sucks to say the least. Here is a link to our CBS channel (KHOU Channel 11) to see the latest... http://www.khou.com/

Back to work for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacie,
When life throws a curve at you, take the bat and hit it back!!!

Love ya,
Shelly
9/12