Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurricane Ike Pics and Video

Here is a video by our place of Hurricane Ike last Friday evening. It's not too exciting, but it is still interesting to see and hear the changes as the hurricane came in.


I have also added a place on the right for pics of Hurricane Ike. My friend's have pics from various places around the city. I plan to snag them so you can see their damage as well.

We are back to work today. So far, the kids are to come back on Monday. However, I don't believe all schools have power in our district yet. I'm not sure about the damage yet either. I'm fortunate as my two schools don't have any damage that I know of. PHEW! I also found out one of the middle schools in FBISD lost its roof. I don't have anymore details, but will share if they arise.

On a side note, I had told you about our sick kittens. Come to find out the Momma cat (Scrappy) had gotten in infection on one of her nipples and that, in turn, made the kittens sick. They all died. Scrappy is doing ok and is nursing a hole she has in her belly. She is still in pain but is looking better. Since she is basically wild we are unable to treat her. Poor Momma...

No comments: