Monday, September 22, 2008

Galveston Pictures

I have added pictures of my friend, Alison's, family beach house. This is the house I went to back in June for the day. I cannot believe how different everything looks. I have added the pictures of her beach house to "Hurricane Ike" but I wanted to show you this picture. I took the pic on the left when I was there in June because the view was so beautiful. The pic on the right is what it looks like now.


Most of the damage was done by the storm surge, but they also had hurricane winds up to 120 MPH. Although her family's beach house has damage it was minimal compared to those around it. This house has withstood many hurricanes including Hurricanes Alicia, Rita, Katrina and now Ike. Ike was only a category 2 (1 MPH from being a cat 3)...and look at the damage. It was such a big hurricane (500 miles wide) which is what it was as destructive as a larger hurricane.


No comments: